Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Raggiemom: Wish I was down to three, am so envious. Great finishes.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 PM

Going to try to get some of my UFOs done this year as well.
But first I need to finish my swap items as they are currently due and only one of the UFOs had an original time frame (so long past as to be questionable as to validity for the intended recipient). Not going to even try to count them. Lol! Most of them are in the need to be quilted stage. And a couple are sitting there waiting for me to decide if they get border(s) or not.
And definitely not going to count ones that are just in the still need to be pieced stage although that would be fewer than the rest.
By far the largest potential category would be ones still in the design stage either in my head, on EQ or partially cut out but haven't figured out how they need to go together.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:51 PM

I finished 4 baby blankets. The tops were sewn by someone else so I needed to do the sandwich and then quilt/bind or pillowcase/quilt. All of the backings were from my stash. These will be put in baby bundles.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 05:47 AM

Teacher: Nice job! There are going to be some little ones comfy and warm because of you.

I really am trying to finish my eight UFOs, I really am but Craftsy is offering a free BOM that explores color theory. Here I go again, before January is out I may have started more quilts than I finished UFOs last year.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Swap Hosts

I have a ton of UFOs to finish. I'm focusing on things for our apartment. We lost our home to Hurricane Sandy and I guess I always looked at the apartment as a "stop off". Well, this week we sold our home and this is it until we find a new house (and hopefully finally settle our insurance claim). So ... I made three throw pillows and finally slip stitched the openings. Today I will make curtains from the fabric I bought almost a year ago. Then I will sandwich and quilt two throws I made to match. And then .... I'll tackle my bin of UFOs!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:59 AM

What a cute snowman, raggiemom.... and I love fall leaves. Good job and down to 3.... Yeah!! I keep saying I'm going to make a fall quilt but haven't done it yet..... can't start till I get these UFOs done.

I can only see the top quarter of your baby quilts, retired teacher. That has been happening lately... don't know why. From what I can see, they are really cute. I have a baby quilt that I need to make but again, I won't let myself start another till I get at least 1 UFO done. .... so I'll keep on task..... hand quilting a few blocks everyday.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:17 AM

Krystyna: Admire your ability to continue with your goals under what must still be difficult conditions.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:44 PM

I'm in for this year again. All quilts that I have fabric for - in whatever stage they might be, whether it be grocery bags of fabric still fresh from the store or done except the binding - count as UFOs in my house. For January I plan to finish my Irish Chain quilt. I'm almost halfway done with quilting the center, then the hardest part (the borders) need to be done. I think I can get everything done in January....
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 PM

krystyna, sounds like you are taking up one of my favorite sayings which I adopted as a Navy wife many years ago, "Bloom where you are planted." We moved so often for a while I didn't think I'd ever get to grow any roots. You are right to be making where you are your home, it's the love you put into that really matters, not the location.

I get to ring the bell for being down another UFO! I took QM's wonderful suggestion and added the one sample block from the UFO project to my sampler block UFO, and put the uncut fabrics back on the shelf!!!! Took me a total of about 7 minutes to finish that project!
Sorry there are no photos, but it would just show an empty gallon size plastic bag:
Old 01-11-2014, 03:48 PM

Wildyard: Seven minutes Huh? Wish I had some UFOs that were that labor intensive. Congrats on the finish! LOL