Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah Teen...I failed to check the tension after I refilled bobbins...think I rethreaded wrong. So I merrily quilted a nice section, rolled to go onto the next area and saw the loopy threads on the bottom...Typical rookie mistake! I've had some real job commitments and haven't had a chance to finish pulling threads. Think I'll go and work on it now.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Blog Entries
    Tonight went down and finished ripping stitches and started to quilt....kept quilting until I got the queen sized quilt top finished. Now off the frame and waiting to be trimmed and bound. will have to dig through stash to find the binding fabric. I"ll need at least 3/4 of a yard.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Despite your rookie mistake, it must be wonderful to be able to LA your work yourself. I'm so happy for you and can't wait for when I get one when I move. My LA'er has been teaching me in preparation.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Teen I'm enjoying this so much...I've had several flimsies on hand to practice on so not to worried about doing a perfect (ha what's that?) job and consider every quilt a learning experience. This last one was quilt #6.

A suggestion for you...I started keeping a journal of my quilts on the LA...just a simple steno pad noting date, quilt description, type of batting, type of stitching, what kind of thread. And most of all what I learned...in other words what mistakes I made and how to avoid them.

Have you been doing any LA'ing? Some places rent time on a LA. Good luck!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I've done some LA with supervision and I took a class on the HQ / Pro-Stitcher but will take another class when I buy one. I've never rented time on LA but I will likely do that when I move until I get my machine and chose the brand. I keep a journal on quilting and it's right by my domestic. I'll definitely do the same with the LA so great suggestion.

I leave in a week for our trip and will be gone a month. So, today, I'm cleaning, organizing, yard work. Not much sewing today though I did cut out borders strips for my SBS. My applique stuff and supplies are all packed for our trip but if I forget anything, there are 6 LQS I can go to, which I plan to anyway. One shop has a good selection of reproduction (for my Baltimore Album) and a I've written fabric names down to look at. I hope to buy all that is needed. Can't wait!!
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

The Total for March did not change. We had 20 UFO completed. YEa!!!! Job well done.

So far for April we have 7 completed UFO's. Toot, Toot! Congrates everyone for doing a great job so far. We are just under 1/2 for this month. Lets see how well we do this month.

Our list so far:
    QuilterMomma = Red snowman mug rug #675
    Oksewglad = Baby quilt - no pic #694
    Oksewglad = No pic #694
    D.Hudson = Nicu donation quilt #695
    Kristakz = Giant Scrappy Swoon #700
    QuilterMomma = Green Hawaiian Applique pillow
    QuilterMomma = Blue Christmas project

Thank-you everyone for working on and completing your projects.

I finally completed a blouse for my daughter today-does that count here? I started it (I think) last summer or fall &
    worked sporadically on it. Now I’ve finished it & I am so relieved! I now know I like quilting better than making garments. A quilt will fit someone!

Sorry for the long MIA, everyone has done great love the pictures so far.

Quiltermomma you are on a roll!!

Oksewglad it's speeds up the process when you can LA yourself. I like your suggestion on a journal on the quilts, I think everyone should keep one. I am in the process of trying to document what I have already given away. I'm still jealous of your machine.

DHudson and Kristakz they look wonderful.

Teen congratulations on getting all 140 blocks done, can't wait to see a picture.

I have been working on the applique and Noahs Kilt, but today I don't have much sewing mojo. So I have been cleaning today and staring at the birds and bunny trying to find food in the snow. On Friday I could see the grass today I think we have about 8 inches at the moment. It's not suppose to stop until tomorrow night. It is April isn't it?
    Sorry for the whining.

Blog Entries
    Whining is okay Dedemac...we have had our share of winter. It's supposed to quit snowing around midnight tonight.

Count another finish for me happylab. I finished machine stitching the binding on a queen size quilt tonight. It's BH RickRack 9's. Without borders it's 94 x 94. I added a 6" border to the top to make it a little longer for our bed. I need to take photos of my April finishes.

The next quilt to go on the frame is an almost finished top I quilted on my domestic machine...I have 3 3" borders left and thought I'd try to finish it on the LA. Wrangling a full size quilt doesn't seem enticing to get it done.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Congratulations on another finish. We ended up with around 15+ inches. Just starting to slow down outside. Looks pretty, but getting tired of winter.

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    This is not a UFO, but....isn’t it cute? Not the best picture, but it was too cold outside to rearrange, and designated quilt holder is in Florida.

Name:  7E184668-FF47-4F7F-A632-46BC9467704E.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  1.29 MB

On the UFO side, re-sandwiched En Provence (never try to sandwich a 90” square quilt in an 8’ wide trailer), and did a few lines of quilting on it, so not totally off the finishing UFO wagon. I wanted this little piece done to the point of hand sewing the binding to take with me to Gatlinburg Wed. Will be sandwiching first, and using the stitching to hold down the raw edge applique as part of the quilting, then just some FM lines in the background.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Blog Entries
    Sunshine out now...let's not hold our breath that spring is coming just yet.

What a pretty sailboat scene, Kris! Good luck on getting that BH quilt finished...trying to imagine you work in such a small environment...wouldn't work for me for sure!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Very pretty Krisb.
    Thank you everyone. Here are some more finishes for this month. Most likely no more till my paperwork is done.
    Name:  Swap Dress.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  101.2 KBName:  fish 1.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  124.9 KBName:  Butterfly.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  110.4 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Kris~ pretty sailboat!

QMomma~ those are great finishes!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Three very unique projects Q Momma..I like how you set the blocks in the dress quilt!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    That idea came from the book I bought for blocks, 1000 Quilt Blocks, was mentioned in the boom swap. In the back was setting ideas for blocks. I wanted something different. Love the look and will do it again for the more simple blocks that are not intricately pieced.

Krisb.....so cute...I love the colors. And, quilter's find a way no matter what....I'm picturing the sandwich process in your trailer and giggling.

Qmama......those are great. Just love the dress quilt. The fish quilt turned out fantastic with all your improv.... Such talent...

Such beautiful finishes.
    An art show is coming up and finally found a reason to finish my "Mellow Yellow" quilt. Pic's when it's finished

Here we are in California in April and we got snow. The weather is so unforcastable (is that a word?).

Blog Entries
    Tickled pink...just took off another quilt...this one was almost quilted on my DSM...and now it is finished. Loaded it and turned it once to get the final three borders done...now to trim and bind...but that's for another day.

Looking forward to Mellow Yellow!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Congratulations on three more finishes QM!
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s

UFOs finished for April

Here are 5 UFOs that I finished. They are scarves that consist of reclaimed fabric scraps from my overflowing scrap bins. I bought the stabilizer to make these last year and only made enough for a couple of friends for Christmas presents. These will go to the gallery tomorrow to be put on sale fin time for the Earth Day celebrations.

First photo shows one scarf. Second photo shows the remaining 4. Not sure why it won't upload the second photo. But ya'll get the idea.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rryder; 04-18-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: missing a photo
    Brother PQ1500s

You have the greatest ideas for scraps Rob. Love all the pictures and I can't believe how many projects you wonderful people get done. I'm still plugging along on the first finish though I am piecing on two other UFOs as well.
    Erin

Thanks Erin,
    those scarves are fun to do, just take a piece of sticky wash away stabilizer lay the scraps on half of it, fold the other half down to cover and then stitch all over. I like to do a grid pattern making sure that all the outside edges of the grid get caught by crossing threads. Then dissolve the stabilizer, run through the wash and dryer and voila that many fewer scraps into the landfill.

Rob
    Brother PQ1500s

Blog Entries
    Nice job, Rob....gives me a couple of ideas! Thanks.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    This is a great idea. I bet it was fun to do with your new sit down quilter. Makes the job a bit easier. What a nice infinity scraf. I bet one could color code those and then put in some sparkly yarn or thread scraps as well to make them especially colorful.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 LastLast