Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
still working on clue no. 2 but I'll get there sooner or later...
Ooooohhh... LOVE your grey DOTS!
Old 12-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I finally got all the individual hg's sewn, now I have to press and trim then sew them into sets.
Some people were saying they had better results sewing them together untrimmed, then trimming the final unit.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:28 PM

I have a little over half of my geese sewn, but none put together yet. Will be a bit more challenging finding time to sew this week as I still have gifts to wrap and an extra grandchild to watch.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:10 PM

Great fabric choices, jmoore!! Clue 3 is an easy one, but 4 is a doozie!!
Old 12-20-2015, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
Worked this afternoon after church on some more Clue #4. Coming along. Only 13 more to go! Yahoo! Might be done by time for next clue. My goal this week though is to get FMQ done on quilt I made for Grandbaby's room. It has been pieced, layered and pinned for a couple months. Can you guess that I have not been eager to FMQ it? LOL
I will have to do a lot of SID on this one and I don't like to do that. Quite a bit of eye strain so I have been putting and putting it off. But Christmas is just a few days away and it is supposed to be for Christmas. Need a kick in the butt to motivate me I guess. Anyone else like that or is it just me? I am a terrible procrastinator. Ashamed to say that.
You asked for a kick-in-the-butt, here it is. You can do it... you can do it... you can do it... you can do it... FMQ can be really peaceful, you can do it... you can do it... you can do it....
Old 12-20-2015, 08:07 PM

jmoore (post 1000) --- I love your fabrics! That gray dot is terrific. I'm not very fast. I'm working on clue #4, but it is slow-going. This is a lot of work to give us so close to Christmas!

Leslie
Old 12-21-2015, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
I will have to do a lot of SID on this one and I don't like to do that. Quite a bit of eye strain so I have been putting and putting it off. But Christmas is just a few days away and it is supposed to be for Christmas. Need a kick in the butt to motivate me I guess. Anyone else like that or is it just me? I am a terrible procrastinator. Ashamed to say that.
You are not alone, Alva. Are you a perfectionist like me? Long ago, I read somewhere that perfectionists tend to procrastinate because they feel like they don't have enough time to make it perfect. I think mine is a fear of screwing it up. Since then, my New Year's resolutions are always "Just Do It!" You CAN do it, Alva!!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:32 AM

Thanks ladies for the KITB (kick in the butt) �� This quilt WILL be done by Christmas!!!!
One of the quilts I made for a Christmas gift is done and ready. Yay! Made a disappearing 9-patch in red, black, white and gray. Did a meandering stitch in hot pink. Looks like red until you really look at it. I like it!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Some people were saying they had better results sewing them together untrimmed, then trimming the final unit.
I did some of the units and trimmed each part then I did some without trimming until the end. The results were the same and it made the process go much quicker by only trimming after the final unit. I am half done with my units. Have to cut the final number of black squares and then I can sew the last 15. Hopefully I can finish today. I don't find this clue hard - just time consuming. Love the colors in this MQ!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:57 AM

Ok, so I have 10 sets finished. I am not using the rulers. I am no longer marking the diagonal line down the 2 inch squares. I now just eye it and sew. I don't trim until I sew the unit together. This is a challenge for me as usually I like things to be perfect. So that is the lesson I am learning, I don't have to be perfect. The other thing I did was go to a new to me quilt store and bought some beautiful neutral to use with clue #4. My neutrals were getting me down and I thought they were too plain. This one has pretty silver swirls in it. Make me feel so better. Ok, back to getting on with it. Knowing that you all are doing this with me has been a big help!