Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1886

Thread: Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Lovely, Jaba!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

jaba, will you tell about your working wall?

I've been making neutral four patches for the next row around my little mystery. Fun! All needle and thread works!

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 257
Size:  82.1 KB
    I have so enjoyed this thread so much this week as well as so many others. Last Monday night my dad had a major stroke and its shelved my sewing for a while. It's been a wonderful diversion to watch all the progress being made. I was piecing by proxy, I guess, while doing the waiting thing in the hospital. They are all looking incredible! I went home a little earlier today and did get to sew a block.
    Emily

I am very sorry to hear about your dad's stroke, Bluebonnets! You and your family will be in my prayers. Your colors are lovely!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Emily, I'm so sorry about your Dad. I'm glad you could find some diversion 'piecing by proxy.' It is so fascinating seeing all the variations that are coming forth. Your block looks great!
    Lisa

Thanks NZQuilter and Joe'smom, means so much.
    Emily

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Emily, hope your Dad will recover from this soon. I'm sure your TLC is very comforting to him.
    Kalamaquilts not sure what you want to know but here goes. I bought a café rod and hung it to the wall. Got some heavy flannel from Joann's and sewed a "hem" across the top to fit the rod through and then just hung it on the brackets. You can also use a flannel backed tablecloth and do the same thing. I tried that but my pieces wouldn't stay stuck to the flannel very well so bought the heavier stuff. Thought maybe it was because of the humidity in Florida, not sure, but the heavy stuff holds it. I got the plastic white clamps and just put them on the rod for when the quilt gets to heavy... just to hold it up
    Wouldn't you know it, the last row and I sewed 4 pieces backwards. Using the ripper today, then on to the edges...

Oh man Jaba. I noticed that the last row was a bit different but thought it was part of the scrappy. Glad you figured it out before it was too late. It didn't look bad just not the same as the other rows. Ok, sorry for looking but I do that to my own & it is a hard habit to break! Your quilt is beautiful. I'm going to start sewing 4 patches to get mine together.

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Ended up taking all but 1 out, think I got 'em all now. Have been looking at it with a fine tooth comb....if you see something let me know please. Changed the final border, just wasn't happy with the 4 patch finish. I didn't feel that it added any pizzaz to the quilt at all so this is what I did. Look for errors ladies and let me know so I can fix them. I have plenty of time, can't quilt it until I go back to Wyoming, to big for the little table here.Name:  DSCF3321.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  122.7 KB

I'm still plugging away on the units. Working on the everlasting tri recs today. But I still have other units to make, like the hst, 4 patches, and qst.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

If I counted right I just have 8 tri recs to sew, (but I have miss counted several times so I have some extra and the reason I still need 8) but that doesn't count how many I have to trim!

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

So beautiful, jaba!

I finally finished laying out my top and began sewing today. I'm working on my sashing units and on my border.
    Lisa

So much amazing progress!! Love all I'm seeing. I have all my blocks done...although I may have to re-make a few of the hour glass units that seem a bit small...hopefully I can sew a few (or at least one) block this weekend.

I just want to say what a pleasure it has been following everyone's progress and glad I've been even a small part of the group here. My day just never seems complete unless I have time to read the board!
    Sue

Bluebonnets, That's very distressing when that happens to your parent. My mother had a huge stroke and was paralyzed after it on her left side. I'm sure your father appreciates you being near, even if he cannot say so. Very pretty colors on your block-- your 'magenta' is a lovely shade of color-- on my monitor it looks a bit orange/red, or tangerine, rather than red or pink.

Jaba, Great work, you were fast! I didn't even notice anything needing to be seam ripped on the first picture. It all looks good to me.

Kassaundra, I can identify. I've used up my pre-sewn units, and needing to cut more now to finish the size I want.

Great blocks and finishes everyone. I'm in the last stretch. Have four blocks all done, sewn together and first border on. The last two blocks are still in pieces but all the components made. I might finish them tomorrow and hopefully have my 6 block top all done by Friday. At least that is my plan. (Can you hear God laugh?)

I got all the vertical sashings finished. I made the vertical from a different neutral (black) than the horizontal ones. And a pic of Princess Cali making sure they are all in order. Name:  DSC_0575.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  326.6 KB
    Name:  DSC_0576.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  238.0 KB

Emily, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Quilting can be done any time, but being with your loved ones during these moments is precious time for everyone.

It's looking great, Jaba. Really like the green border you added.

I got in a few hours of sewing over the last couple of days and have finished about 2/3 of the blocks and most of the sashings. Just had to stop and put some of them up on the wall to see what it was going to look like. It will probably be some time next week before I get the top completed. Wish I had more time to work on it but things are a little hectic right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Miss Rita

Thanks Jaba, your top is incredible!

Thanks givio, sorry about your mom. Sounds very similar to my dad. He lost all movement in his left side except he can wriggle some toes. Can still talk a bit. He's getting more conscious but getting weaker.

Thanks Miss Rita, and you are so right. Family is so important. I was so excited about seeing my quilt come together but it's not going anywhere. It'll be there when I have the time. I have a small quilt in a hoop that I was taking with me when I was visiting my dad before this stroke. Now, I'm taking it to the hospital. Hand quilting is stress relieving for me. Lol, I've accepted many things and worked out a lot of problems with my head over a hoop, so to speak.

Thanks y'all, you are great!
    Emily

Miss Rita, love your blocks. Beautiful!
    Emily

Podunk Princess, Is that an old library card catalog cabinet you have there (on right in picture)?

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Podunk Princess, Is that an old library card catalog cabinet you have there (on right in picture)?
    Yes, it's a vintage card catalog cabinet from a library. I store all my thread, ribbon and small notions in the drawers. An amazing find at an antique mall many years ago.
    Miss Rita

All my blocks are done. Thought I was going to love this because the colors were fabulous. But I think this is going to be made into charity quilts. I really do not like it. And those of you who know me, know that I love love love scrappy! But to me, it's just a hot mess. Do you hear my sobbing?
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    All my blocks are done. Thought I was going to love this because the colors were fabulous. But I think this is going to be made into charity quilts. I really do not like it. And those of you who know me, know that I love love love scrappy! But to me, it's just a hot mess. Do you hear my sobbing?
    I totally hear you Judy! I'm ready to scrap mine but am trying to persevere. My ADD is in overdrive trying to connect these squares. Maybe if I get a bit farther I will see the picture but right now all I can see are the magenta parts & the rest is all a jumble!

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Blog Entries
    I'm loving all the pictures of quilts which have been completed or are in progress. It reminds me of Claude Monet's work, if you're too close to it, you can't see how beautiful it is. Try walking across the room and viewing from a distance. http://www.nga.gov/content/ngaweb/fe...t.html#slide_8

That is my problem, my sewing room is too small for me to get far enough away LOL! I have decided to give myself permission to not finish this year's mystery. I love the design but not my fabrics.

However, I already have several ideas of how to use the units in a couple of other projects, so I am still a happy Bonnie Hunter fan!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast