Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 03-02-2022, 03:03 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

It appears that this post is #1000. Do you believe we have connected, asking questions, helping each other, sharing results 1000 times! We are a blessed group indeed to have eachother!
Old 03-02-2022, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
It appears that this post is #1000. Do you believe we have connected, asking questions, helping each other, sharing results 1000 times! We are a blessed group indeed to have eachother!
Yes, we are!
Old 03-03-2022, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

Terry, you've got that right!!
Old 03-03-2022, 12:32 PM

I wholeheartedly agree.

My geese are putting me to sleep. Making slow progress.
Old 03-03-2022, 02:24 PM

I have decided to straight set mine instead of putting it on point, So I am making more hourglasses units as I also want to use them as cornerstones for my wider sashing. I still want a big quilt. I think mine will end 90 some X 90 some. I am planning on using my flying geese in a border...just not sure how.
Oh, and I am making a couple more of Block B also. Hopefully, I am getting near done in a few weeks.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:09 PM

I am putting the first blocks together, for the A units. I still haven't started the borders or done anything for the B units. I love the block with all of the garnet butterflies, but I really don't like how straight those lines are. I may end up setting mine in rows and not on point, I am also debating forgoing the butterflies entirely and subbing some variation of a nine patch block in there for more of an irish chain feel. I have about three days work left on the A blocks, so time to mull it over.

In other news, I was able to get another piece of the aqua to meet my fabric requirements. if I decide to follow bonnie's pattern entirely, I ave everything now!
Old 03-05-2022, 09:54 AM

Since you all have finished, quilted and bound your quilts ha ha, Bonnie is mulling over another group project

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2022...king-plan.html

I'm thinking about it because I have a box of blocks in yellow and blue already made. Wiki says this about the Ukrainian flag colors
The national colours of Ukraine are usually identified as the combination of blue and gold in that order. These colours are the same as in the flag of Ukraine. The roots of Ukrainian national colours come from before Christian times when yellow and blue prevailed in traditional ceremonies, reflecting fire and water.

ALL your quilts are marvelous, it has been fun to read along, thank you for sharing!
Old 03-05-2022, 01:14 PM

What fun KalamaQuilts. I'm in. Love the idea of a donation quilt or support quilt. I also love blue/yellow quilts. Once she starts, start a new thread and I will join in. Looks like March 18th is the intro. Thanks for posting. I follow her on facebook but don't go to the blog very often.
Old 03-05-2022, 01:26 PM

Kalamazoo Quilts: Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like fun. Not only do I have lots of blue, yellow and neutral fabric, I just went wild (for me) several weeks ago buying a number of light fabrics that include both blue and yellow.

I am still thinking about doing the Laundry Basket Quilts mystery using blue, yellow and white (instead of blue and white, as suggested). LBQ starts earlier than BHs, so I may just wait and see how it all plays out.
Old 03-06-2022, 05:23 AM

Crawl, crawl, crawling along...I ..... will.... finish....this quilt! I finished the extra hour glass units I hope yesterday, now on to making the extra block B's for my straight set variation. Then just sashing and cornerstones, inner border, flying geese border although I haven't decided yet how to position them, outer boarder, loading onto the frame, quilting, and binding. Crawling, crawling upstream! Oh Well, there is still a ton of snow outside so no planting a garden yet and I am not even going to start my seeds inside until the end of this month so hopefully I can plant my seedlings the first week of June! Luckily, we did not get the almost 1/2 inch of ice they were predicting. I have big trees so am relieved I am not dealing with downed trees and branches. I know that that were some deaths in Iowa from this same storm system and some flooding. Hopefully, this country will cool down the division and more people will support each other.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-06-2022 at 05:29 AM.