Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 11-27-2022, 04:45 PM

Belfrybat: Your blocks look fabulous. That bright blue really adds to the color palette.
Old 11-27-2022, 07:09 PM

Your units are looking great, Belfrybat! I enjoy small pieces myself -- it seems to make the fabric even more special, I'm not sure why.

I have all of my units pinned and ready to sew, and have counted to make sure there are enough, so off to work on that now.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:21 PM

Here are my test size units. The whole clue will use the same fabrics. I hope I don't regret using the large flower neutral, as it gives an unbalanced look to the 9-patch (but I'm not doing them over).

I sewed my 4-patch wrong, but since we're not nesting them, I was able to simply rotate it once to the left to get the correct arrangement.
Attached Thumbnails img_7706_fotor.jpg  

Last edited by joe'smom; 11-27-2022 at 08:25 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-28-2022, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Here are my test size units. The whole clue will use the same fabrics. I hope I don't regret using the large flower neutral, as it gives an unbalanced look to the 9-patch (but I'm not doing them over).

I sewed my 4-patch wrong, but since we're not nesting them, I was able to simply rotate it once to the left to get the correct arrangement.
Fabulous! Your neutral will be great, once multiplied in a Bonniezillion blocks.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Here are my test size units. I hope I don't regret using the large flower neutral, as it gives an unbalanced look to the 9-patch (but I'm not doing them over)..
I think the opposite - your large print neutral will add a lot of interest and movement to your quilt, especially since you are using single fabric for the other colours.

I finished the 4 patches -- a bit over half of what is called for. I can't wait to see how the red (Bonnie's orange) works into this.
Attached Thumbnails bh-4-patches.jpg  
Old 11-28-2022, 08:58 AM

Beautiful, Belfrybat! The brighter blue will really sparkle.

It is such fun to anticipate what's coming next. I think Friday mornings might be my favorite part of the whole process.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:30 PM

Belfrybat, your blocks looking fabulous! And Joe'smom, I'm loving your neutral. Everyone's fabrics and blocks so far are just terrific. I'm not doing it this year, but I really love seeing what everyone else is doing. So much creativity!

Leslie
Old 11-29-2022, 02:01 PM

Tallchick, thank you for posting this link. It’ll come in handy in the future. 😀
Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I love this site for color inspiration! I am horrible at choosing colors….

https://colorpalettes.net/
Old 11-29-2022, 11:39 PM

Clue 1 is done! Yay!!! I think I have the photo attached here.... We will see..
Attached Thumbnails clue-1.73.jpg  
Old 11-30-2022, 01:15 AM

I’m super late to the party but started last night…I’m halfway done with the first clue. Should finish it up today. i have had some yardage of the fabrics I’m using for a few years so I thought I’d finally use them. I am using one fabric for the orange but it is really multi-color with orange being prominent….using one teal fabric…changed purple to yellow and I’m using about 5 different yellow stash fabrics….neutral will be varying low volume scraps…. I’ll post my fabrics tomorrow…and hopefully my finished clue 1..

I’m seeing beautiful colorways from you guys. Should be fun to see the explosion of colors in these when finished.

Last edited by Teen; 11-30-2022 at 01:18 AM.