Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 01-19-2023, 08:01 AM
  #601  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ballwin, MO
Posts: 3,917
Default

Looks great, toverly! I like the quilt as a rectangle.
joe'smom is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 09:38 AM
  #602  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,315
Default

Tovery, ; love it.
petthefabric is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 10:27 AM
  #603  
Super Member
 
Teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southwest Idaho
Posts: 5,906
Default

It’s wonderful Toverly! Congrats on a creatively beautiful finish…looks like it could glow in the dark..
Teen is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 11:47 AM
  #604  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 4,557
Default

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
joe's, if that is the only mistake you made, you are the Queen

re: mystery train, could it serve to look up the threads and just start at the beginning, was it a pattern with a beginning and end?
I was on a forum once where a trade train occured for 24 hours, you put up what you had to trade and when your ticket was called you picked what someone else put up...so you had to stay alert for 24 hours! Shipping costs put and end to that fun though.
Kalama - I have information on all 20 Mystery Quilt Train Rides. I made a list as we went along and listed:
1 - The Train Ride Information (fabric needed)
2 - What it was (quilt, table topper, tablecloth)
3 - The message number of each step

I copied the information on each message number of instruction and pasted them into a document for my use.

I looked them up today, and they are listed if you put paintmejudy in search. She posted weekly on Saturday for how many weeks it took. The first six Train Rides were from 6 to 8 weeks long. After that she shortened them to 3, 4 and 5!


JeanieG is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 11:53 AM
  #605  
Super Member
 
KalamaQuilts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW Washington USA
Posts: 3,908
Default

absolutely stunning, and another fresh center block idea, well done Toverly!!
Here is my first quadrant.
I turned the pink 1/2 squares every which way and decided on the churn dash/barn door setting, my favorite block.
Reversed the center block because I like geometrics,
reduced the sashing,
and revamped my 9 patches into X's. That was medium successful because of the revamping, but I'll probably do it again sometime and start with that plan for the 9 patches They would be fiddley, but fun.
Attached Thumbnails chilhowie-me.jpg  
KalamaQuilts is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 02:43 PM
  #606  
Super Member
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WNC
Posts: 8,161
Default

Toverly, beautiful quilt. You are fast! I’m stuck in slo-mo on this one.

KalamaQuilts, I love your first quadrant. Lovely!

Janice McC is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 02:46 PM
  #607  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ballwin, MO
Posts: 3,917
Default

That looks wonderful, KalamaQ!
joe'smom is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 04:50 PM
  #608  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,315
Default

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
absolutely stunning, and another fresh center block idea, well done Toverly!!
Here is my first quadrant.
I turned the pink 1/2 squares every which way and decided on the churn dash/barn door setting, my favorite block.
Reversed the center block because I like geometrics,
reduced the sashing,
and revamped my 9 patches into X's. That was medium successful because of the revamping, but I'll probably do it again sometime and start with that plan for the 9 patches They would be fiddley, but fun.
a lot of changes to make it your own. Like it so far.
petthefabric is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 04:53 PM
  #609  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,315
Default

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Kalama - I have information on all 20 Mystery Quilt Train Rides. I made a list as we went along and listed:
1 - The Train Ride Information (fabric needed)
2 - What it was (quilt, table topper, tablecloth)
3 - The message number of each step

I copied the information on each message number of instruction and pasted them into a document for my use.

I looked them up today, and they are listed if you put paintmejudy in search. She posted weekly on Saturday for how many weeks it took. The first six Train Rides were from 6 to 8 weeks long. After that she shortened them to 3, 4 and 5!
I’m missing some of the concept. Is this to have a sew-a-long on QB or to be done individually? I did enjoy the 2 I did.

Anyone heard from paintmejudy?
petthefabric is offline  
Old 01-19-2023, 05:06 PM
  #610  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,742
Default

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
It’s wonderful Toverly! Congrats on a creatively beautiful finish…looks like it could glow in the dark..
That was my feeling. Great job, Toverly!

Leslie
audsgirl is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter