Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Love the projects being posted! All so different. Special fondness for the tea cozy, and would love to have a cup right now after a day of struggling with one of my newly acquired vintage machines.

Oh of course I would be remiss if I didn't say a big thanks to QuiltE for doing this!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Power Poster
    What some great projects from a fat quarter!

Muv
    Sue - The box is fantastic! A proper little tardis, you can fit so many bits and pieces in it... The braid and the transparent knob are lovely finishing touches.

What a nice idea.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

CarrieM and DHMom ... you're welcome! This is turning out even better than I ever though it might, with all the "younique" projects that are showing up.

DHMom
    ... BTW ... I just made a cuppa, "Read My Lips" ... want some?
    I don't see any warts, AT ALL!!! It's wonderful, though it does look like a very tedious project with all the bits and pieces you had to cover and finangle around! I didn't remember the little inside box inside your UK Lucky Charms Kit. Amazing how much you have stuffed in there!

Will be waiting to see what your FFC block is going to be!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 05-12-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I made 5 blocks with mine. Three are in this table runner....still needs to be quilted/bound. The other two will become a bag.
    Oh those colors! Love them!

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post

Attachment 412873
    This is my friendship tree.
    This seems to match the very essence of the challenge. How beautiful and appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    I made a little sewing box. I have one that was made by Singer back in the 60's and I reverse engineered it. First pic is the closed box, second pic is the open box and all the goodies. The seam ripper and other "stuff" sits inside the little box inside the box.

Attachment 412950

Attachment 412951
    This is adorable! Any chance of a tute?

I've loved all the projects so far; alas mine is still at the sketching stage (QuiltE said we had 'til June 1st!!).

Alison

Quote Originally Posted by alisonquilts View Post
    ............ I've loved all the projects so far; alas mine is still at the sketching stage (QuiltE said we had 'til June 1st!!). Alison
    Actually ..... June 1st was only a guideline and I don't want anyone to feel pressured to have to have it done for then either! There were some keeners, so I decided to start the thread a little sooner .... Executive Decision!!!

What a clever idea and I love the projects.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    Thank you for such a great idea QuiltE.

I was completely lost for ideas until I went through my craft folder on the computer. There was a design I had wanted to make for a while and this seemed the perfect time.

Attachment 412873
    This is my friendship tree. It is fused and ready for me to hand applique.
    Works4me, how do you hand appliqué after fusing? I needle turn but it does limit my ability to use intricate pieces. Your tree is lovely!!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Once again, so many ideas on this board.

carriem - lovely runner. Looking forward to seeing the bag as well
    granny-56 - great idea. Fabulous quilt carry-all
    Muv - so very you
    DogHouseMom - great storage box in a box
    RGAY - Thank you. I will be doing a simple buttonhole stitch around all the fused pieces. It will hold them in place while adding some decoration. And, since I don't trust my free motion machine quilting skills on such tiny curves, I'll be *choke, gasp* hand quilting too. Egad! QuiltE what have you done? lol

I have a cross stitch project to finish up and then I'll be starting the buttonhole stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    I made a little sewing box. I have one that was made by Singer back in the 60's and I reverse engineered it. I had made one earlier (a prototype) and I sent that to a QB friend in England because I know she loves needle cases. This one ... sadly ... did not turn out as good as the prototype - but here it is warts and all.

First pic is the closed box, second pic is the open box and all the goodies. The seam ripper and other "stuff" sits inside the little box inside the box.

Attachment 412950

Attachment 412951
    I love this little box! Is there a pattern for it somewhere? I probably could finagle something similar but why reinvent the wheel? Would love to make one for a dear quilting bud die!

wow what great projects from such a thoughtful person

stunning projects

>>DHMom ... BTW ... I just made a cuppa, "Read My Lips" ... want some?
    I don't see any warts, AT ALL!!! It's wonderful, though it does look like a very tedious project with all the bits and pieces you had to cover and finangle around! I didn't remember the little inside box inside your UK Lucky Charms Kit. Amazing how much you have stuffed in there!

Would love a cuppa ... deliver?? <G>

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!

Trust me ... warts. The UK box did have a center "box" with "stuff" in it, but for that box I used an old pill bottle and covered it with fabric. I had to pull the "child proof" inserts out of the lid and once I did that it fit over the top fairly nicely. For this box, I made the little inner box out of the same board I used to make the rest of the box. I actually tried to do it with the first box and didn't like the way the corners met .. it was wonky. When I made this box I figured out a different way to do it so it wasn't wonky .. but then I screwed up and cut the fabric too short and it's visible on the inside of the box (wart #1). Also not pleased with the fit of the lid out and I might actually make a different one before I call it "done" (wart #2). The other warts ... not telling.

As for pattern ... again ... there wasn't one. I have a circa 60's Singer box (mass produced in China no doubt) and I reverse engineered that to make mine.

Now one would THINK that if a person was planning on making two of an object, and set out to make one prototype ... she would also document what she did on the prototype and use that to make the second box. But we're talking about me here, my LIFE is a series of "just jump in the deep end and swim" events. If I do something once I can do it a second time ... but not *exactly*. But that's the beauty of it ... if I make box #3 it WILL be different from box #1 and box #2. Kind of like my cooking ... recipe ... who needs em??

I *might* make a third box ... and IF I do ... I'll document it with photo's and actual measurements (measurements?? egads!), and create a tutorial for the QB. Remember ... I said *might*. OK ... I'll *try*. That's as close to a promise you'll get from me. The truth is that I'm a walking disaster with the hot glue gun and the blisters on my fingers have not yet healed.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Love the idea of sending a fat quarter to your quilting buds!!! I also love all the neat things everyone has made with their piece. Los of talent on this board.
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Very pretty fabric...GREAT idea!!
    There is no place like home!

I love all the projects that came from 1 fabric. Amazing to me how different minds see different things. I do love the tree though

A matching mug rug....so pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Love the table runner and appliqué tree. So far, no two projects alike...

Here's my contribution! Well what did you expect? It's a national obsession. If anyone is tempted to have a go full instructions are here http://www.lizzielenard-vintagesewin...l/Tea%20Cosies
    I've still got loads of the fat quarter left and haven't a clue yet what I'm going to make next.

Blog Entries
    love the ways the fQ was used. Good thinking.

Glad I got to see this topic. Enjoyed the time I spent here.

Vickey S.

DHMom ... Of course, I deliver .... passing a bedtime cuppa to you, right now!! Go ahead, and make #3 ... I'll gladly accept #2, warts and all and let you keep the best one yet! (and I won't even expect Lucky Charms ...)

So nice of you. Great projects.

What a neat idea -- and such a variety of beautiful projects!

!!!HAPPY MOTHERS DAY QuiltE!!! I mailed you a little block today I hope it travels safely!

I have not made anything with my FF yet... it came back from Hawaii all uppity! I cant do a thing with it! it simply refuses to let me make it into anything!!! I hope it gets jealous of all the amazing creations built by the other FF on this thread... SHEESH!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    !!!HAPPY MOTHERS DAY QuiltE!!! I mailed you a little block today I hope it travels safely!

I have not made anything with my FF yet... it came back from Hawaii all uppity! I cant do a thing with it! it simply refuses to let me make it into anything!!! I hope it gets jealous of all the amazing creations built by the other FF on this thread... SHEESH!!!
    DDamsel, I hope you put some bubble wrap around all that barbed wire on you used on the block! Just what you need, an uppity-post-Hawaii-fabric. Perhaps between this thread and your Quilt Show trip, you'll come up with a plan? Or perhaps the plan is to keep it and pet it? a baby quilt? ..... or one for your new Miss Mew ?

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast