Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fun on the Farm" Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

I like the blocks so far. At least most of them. I think I will finish it for one of my great grandkids. A couple blocks left alot to be desired though. But it was free. lol.
    Mary

Jenn...I love your chicken....I haven't cared for a few of the blocks, myself. I still need to do the cow and now the chicken but I can't get to them until I move but I'm seriously considering changing the blocks, too. I'll see. I plan on donating my quilt when done..

seriously? They aren't doing the giveaways? I'm not posting on FB so I wasn't following that but, really, that's not good to offer something then not do it.

Toverly...love your planned layout.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Thanks y'all, it's going to be hard to wait to see what's coming next. But, you never know.

Just wondering if you'all are still working on this BOM. I plan to continue working on it, though, I found alternative cow and chicken blocks. When I get settled I'll be pulling this out to work on. I don't want to get too far behind. Kind of looking forward to Feb to see what is coming next, too.
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Yes, I'm hanging in there. Even though I have worked out how I want the quilt in my mind. I also want to see the surprise each month. Glad to know you are hanging in there also. It seems like more and more are catching up with what's been posted. So the end result should be great.

Someone asked about my barn fabric a while back. Quilted Twins has a nice wood grain bundle right now. I bought it. There are I think 10 fabrics. Dk grey ,light grey ,red, rust , light blue dk blue dk. brown ,med brown, tan ok maybe it was 9. lol. They are 1/2 yd bundles. It's really pretty fabric too.
    Mary

Thank you, lawsonmugs, for the info. Really pretty fabric.

So glad you are continuing, too, Toverly. I love your quilt top so far. My alternate layout is turning out kinda neat so I'm anxious to get caught up and play more.

Let us see your quilt Teen. I need to make jan. block so I.ll be ready for Feb which is sneaking up quickly.
    Mary

The project is packed so when I get settled I'll share.

Well this chatter made me go in and make this months block. I changed the eye and made the nest about 3/4 inch shallower. The nest fabric was in my scrap box and was a little less than her measurement. so I used it and added a little more to the light blue sky on top. I think that was all i changed besides fabric colors.Hope to see more pictures of everyone elses.I think her waddle looks like a red goatee. lol. She must be a beatnik from the 50's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Lawsonmugs, your little hen is darling. I think it's my favorite one I've seen so far. Love all your fabric choices!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Oh thank you so much. I like her too,even with the goatee. lol.
    Mary

LOL lawsonmugs giggling over goatee....... Mrs. Cluck turned out great. You have some really neat fabrics to play with. The nest is way cool...and the patchwork body ties nicely with Joy the Pig block. Very nicely done!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-16-2019 at 03:19 AM. Reason: removed system-made active link

Awesome Hen, lawsonmugs. That's as perfect as it gets. I was wondering if we would see another patchwork animal and you did it! Love it.

Thanks Ladies. I do have lots of little scraps.
    Mary

Catching up.Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  72.5 KBName:  IMG_0597.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  51.0 KB

Sorry sideways and so large

All I have left is Tom Turkey but I wanted to use fatcat turkey instead www.etsy.com/shop/FatCatPattern/items.
    I have the pattern but I haven't the foggiest idea how to make it. Anyone have any ideas?

Very nice Wannabee. Love the colors and all of it.
    Mary

Such creative use of fabrics, everyone. I am just following along at this point. I told myself that I need to finish my one UFO (one more month before a second one will probably be added) and my WIP's. I set target dates on the various projects I have except, of course, for the one BOW and the 3 BOMs. Hopefully, this helps me stay on track.
    Connie

New block is out. Edna's feed sacks. Not listed on first page. Hit free downloads and it is there.

Personally, I think it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'll have to thunk about this one.

I think not... some of these blocks don’t say “farm” to me.

Wow, it does stick out like a sore thumb. Even more than the pieced farmer's daughter block. Mmm, I might just start designing my own blocks.

Here's the link. https://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponli...he-Farm/221206
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Thanks Wannabee. I was just looking for it an hour ago. I definitely don't care for this one. I kind of stopped after Joy. I think I'm going to incorporate Joy and Wilbur into my Farm Swap Blocks I received here on the quiltboard last year. I will add a few more blocks to that and call it done.

I just really fell out of favor with this pattern. I like it. But, would definitely rethink the colors and style and make it more adult like. (Then child like.) I just had a preconceived idea of what this might look like. (It's not.) I keep hoping that something would spark my interest again with it. I do like the hen and will probably make that block.

I do enjoy seeing all your blocks and how you've really made them personal to you. So, will keep checking back.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast