Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along

In the beautiful hills of northwest Connecticut.
    Love the reds!
    ​My soul is fed with needle & thread.

I like the ants. What a wonderful touch!

The ants were from a FQ swap awhile back and figured I'd give them a try. I know my background is going to be blacks & whites and am thinking of using yellows for the secondary color.

Here's where a possible swap might come in. I know we're all in the beginning stages of this quilt-along and I think it would be a good idea if - when we decide on our colors - to post them on the thread. That way, if someone is 'in the market' for a particular color and someone else has tons of that color, you might find someone interested in a swap. How does that sound? I suggest that the swap be:
    * 4" strips WOF (mutually agreed upon #) or
    * 4" squares (mutually agreed upon #) or
    * 3" squares (for those doing a smaller version - mutually agreed upon #)

My primary: reds
    secondary color: yellows
    background: blacks & whites

I would really be interested in swapping pretty much any color in exchange for some yellows. If anyone is interested please let me know!
    Last edited by jclinganrey; 03-20-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    Jane

I think I have to jump in also. I have been doing lots of swaps and want to use the squares. I will cut my strips 3.5 inches and use the Easy Angle Ruler for all the triangles. I have the 6 1/2 size and just love it. Check out Bonnie Hunters Blog if you have never used the Easy Angle Ruler.

jclinganrey, I would be happy to trade with you. I have lots of yellows, I collect them.

Trish - I may very well be interested provided you like the colors I have. I PM'ed you with some info.
    Jane

Finished my center block and hope it will be OK the way I arranged it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Wonderful!!! You may arrange your squares any way you like. Very pretty.
    Jane

Oh, Jane! I love those ants in your reds! I hope you keep that. This looks like a great scrappy project! I'm glad I found it here. I have a lot of blues. I'll have to think about joining in. :-) But I need another project like I need a hole in the head... :-p

LOL, Givio. You're so funny. C'mon. You know you want to get in on the action. What will you use with your blues? So many possibilities!
    Jane

lol Ok, ok, Jane! *I roll my eyes* :-) I'm starting out with light blue for the first color. I'll make my background a darker blue.

Very pretty, Givio. What are you thinking of using for your background?

Who else wants to share their color choices?
    Jane

I will Jane. The star is currently blue, the second color will be yellow/gold and the background off white. But that's today. I've had a bit of a change of heart so I'm reconsidering the whole scheme as my blues seem a bit too somber to me and I don't need to feel somber right now. We'll see what happens next week as I'm feeling the need to make it brighter and more cheerful!

[QUOTE=jclinganrey;71382277
    Who else wants to share their color choices?[/QUOTE]
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Janice - how about you make yellow your primary color. That way, it will be the center star and you could use blue as your secondary color?? Kind of opposite of this: Just a thought -- -
    Jane

My colors will be yellow with teal and black & white. I have not made a color page yet. Although it may be just black instead. I am cutting fabric.. tomorrow.

Finally got my blues cut, too many appts. and distractions in the last few days around here. Hope to sew the center together today. Reds or pinks for my secondary color, with white background.....per DH's suggestions.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Jane, lol! I'd almost convinced myself to totally change the color scheme until I saw the pic you posted. I LOVE IT just the way you posted it! Blue star, yellow/gold second color. Roflol. That's it, I'm changing my board name to "undecided"!
    Quote Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
    Janice - how about you make yellow your primary color. That way, it will be the center star and you could use blue as your secondary color?? Kind of opposite of this: Just a thought -- -
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Well, I've tried and tried to add a picture but just can't seem to get it done. Anyone out there care to mentor LO ?

Oh too funny! I didn't realize the pic did not appear until AFTER you hit the post quick reply. So being that is so easy I'll see if I can get 2 for 2.
    Here is my use for my jewelry drawer liner insert my jewels come in 2 1/2 inch squares! I love the way they show.

Daisy Dew, you can use the 'go advanced' button, add you picture that way, then use the 'preview' button to see how your picture looks first before posting it, if you want to try that way. I don't remember seeing your name before. So cute, *little smile* I used that name for my cat. :-) But I spelled it 'Dazy.'
    Jane, I love that picture! Love blue and yellow together! Unfortunately, my yellows went into the Florabunda quilt top, so I don't have much in that category. I'm using my blues for the background. Just need to decide on a second color.
    DebbieJJ, so nice to get input from your husband! It's fun to work on projects together that way. Nice!

Givio, yes it's fun to have my dear's opinion on colors and such. He left the fabric selection up to me, but he wanted those colors (blue, red or pink, and white). I think more of a patriotic feel is what I'll go after.
    Got my block done 2 days ago, but needed to charge the camera battery. Now the picture won't lighten up and the colors aren't true, but you get the idea..........And it is truly scrappy!
    Name:  MVC-006S.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  23.6 KB
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

Great great centers all! I'm really pleased with how this is coming along.

I know I said I would post the steps monthly and I certainly don't want to leave anyone behind. What would everyone think if I posted the next steps more like ~~ every 2 weeks since the sections really don't take that long.

Thoughts??
    Jane

Blog Entries
    That sounds good to me Jane. I have decided to go with pinks for the center. This is for my daughter that loves pink. I'll post a picture this afternoon, remember I take terrible pictures but at least you'll get the idea! I haven't decided what will be the background or secondary color. Think I will check out the color wheel and see what I come up with.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Yes, Jane, please, every 2 weeks is good for me. Too long between clues, and I'll become distracted by something else.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    2 weeks is good for me too

2 weeks Great!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast