Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Absolutely, Muv!!!!! ... and please do show us the beginnings. Perhaps your drawing? and fabric assortment? I'm really interested as to what you have planned and will look forward to seeing WIP pics, too. Me? a mini-Royalist ... I've always been intrigued by all things Royal, and have been picking up a few things lately, to honour her Diamond Jubilee ... a china mug, small plate, and a 1953 calendar with her Coronation photo.

Works4Me ... Of course when I saw him, he just had to follow me home. Sharing, yes, once we both know what we have as surplus!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Count me in. I'm planning on doing a patriotic quilt to hang from my deck for Memorial day and July 4th.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Quote Originally Posted by KathyKat View Post
    Count me in. I'm planning on doing a patriotic quilt to hang from my deck for Memorial day and July 4th.

You're counted KathyKat!!!
    We'll look forward to your creative wonders!!
    ... although with a siggy like that, me-thinks that you should be doing something patriotically-green!!!!!!!!!

I have a UFO that I started some time ago in solid primary colors. It is a very long table runner for my dining room table. I put it aside because it seemed too blah and I couldn't think how to perk it up. Perhaps this challenge is just the thing to bring it back to life. Wish me luck with creativity, I'll need it!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    I have a UFO that I started some time ago in solid primary colors. It is a very long table runner for my dining room table. I put it aside because it seemed too blah and I couldn't think how to perk it up. Perhaps this challenge is just the thing to bring it back to life. Wish me luck with creativity, I'll need it!
    Here's to creativity and a UFO heading towards the Finish Line!!!

Thats beautiful!!!

Hi works4me and QuiltE and everyone,
    I would be proud and honoured to create a patriotic quilt. What a lovely idea to call out to everyone around the world. Good stuff. Mostly I think in Ontario and Eastern States it is the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812. There was a quilt show at Sackett's harbour New York, in March (missed it darn it) I believe there is also one at Upper Canada Village, Morrisburg, ON will get back to you on dates. I am excited to start planning this, never mind I have projects up to my eyeballs to do but this is exciting. Currently I'm working on the Underground Railroad will take pics and post by the weekend. Have a great day

Welcome LinC!!! .... we're most happy to have you aboard this patriotic venture.

Yes! The War of 1812 is creating quite a stir in pockets all thru the province. I know that Simcoe County (Barrie, Midland, Orillia, Wasaga Beach, etc.) have quite a few significant locations and have already been having special events, with even more to come.

What the heck, what's another project to take precedence over our stockpiles of PhDs?

Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't but when has that ever stopped me! Okay.... I'll put my thinking cap on, can't imagine starting a full quilt with so many already in the works, but maybe a wallhanging or ???

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't but when has that ever stopped me! Okay.... I'll put my thinking cap on, can't imagine starting a full quilt with so many already in the works, but maybe a wallhanging or ???

Yeaaaaaaaaa ThimbleBug and Welcome!!!! ... you'll come up with something splendid, I'm sure! My Man Monty will be a long wall hanging .... or suitable for a door.

LinC and thimblebug6000 welcome.
    It looks like there will be a good variety of designs and that is great. Some never occurred to me like diamond jubilee and underground railway but they fit quite nicely as we never intended this to be strictly a flag-type quilt project. Of course, those type of projects work well, too, or mine wouldn’t fit the theme. lol
    None of us really have time for another project, do we? That’s why we encourage you to put on your thinking cap. Mini quilts, potholders, table runners, even BBQ aprons all count. How about a tote bag or sewing machine cover? Casserole holder? You could even make a pin cushion for the country in which your secret pal resides if you are part of the secret pal swap. See, it doesn’t have to be a huge project at all. J

QM
    What a great idea!!

Thanks QM, hope you join in the fun.

Patriotic

Sorry, would like to join in on a new challenge, but can't. Sounds like really great fun! Just wanted to share a past patriotic quilt done for a church fundraiser. Also wanted to ask if there's anything 'not to miss' for a tourist in late May/early June in Canada?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful quilt.

What part of Canada will you be visiting?

The area up Hwy 93 twd Cranbrook or Fernie

I'll ask a friend a bit closer to the area if there is anything fun going on like their human dog sled races.

Quote Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
    Sorry, would like to join in on a new challenge, but can't. Sounds like really great fun! Just wanted to share a past patriotic quilt done for a church fundraiser. Also wanted to ask if there's anything 'not to miss' for a tourist in late May/early June in Canada?

Lovely quilt ... great design!

ENJOY Canada .... Works4Me is certainly a LOT closer to your target area, and I'm sure will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    I'll ask a friend a bit closer to the area if there is anything fun going on like their human dog sled races.
    Now THAT sounds like fun... AND very very interesting. Going to have to look that one up!

Thank you

And here's mine, just finished it this morning. It started out with the same panel that BuzzinBubble used. This quilt was a requested for a WW II Vet who will be celebrating his 90th birthday next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, that quilt sure is a beauty, seasaw!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Oh wow! I love all of these Patriotic quilts!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Here is my Patriotic quilt. It was made for my husband's family reunion. It has all the names of his mother's family that served or is serving in the military. They raffled it off and made over $600. I also made one for my church with members names on it and donated it to our youth group to raffle off with the proceeds going towards their summer trip to Ft. Caswell, NC. The eagle is from a panel and the eagle, stars and wavy stripes were machine appliqued on. All of the names we done by machine embroidery.

Last edited by Blue Button; 04-21-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Those quilts are lovely.

Blue Button, will you be joining us in this challenge and starting a new project?

Muv
    Hello everyone, Happy St. George's Day, Patron Saint of England, and the day I start work on the first panel of the Diamond Jubilee quilt - it will be a red rose to represent England. Wish me luck - I hope it doesn't turn out more complicated than I hoped.

The quilts posted here so far are fabulous. Very American.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast