Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Jenniky, that's looking great. Now I can't wait for Friday either.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Lookin' Good, JenniKy ... isn't the suspense of a Mystery fun?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:03 PM

W4Me and QuiltE....Thanks and Yes.. I like that we get the clues once a week on Friday.. I was chatting with a lady who was involved in a six month mystery quilt and only gets a clue every month... I think I would lose interest at that rate. The BOM however does work for me once a month..because each block is in and of its own but with a over all theme. Doing a mystery quilt that way would put me to sleep.. I would get to involved in other projects. LOL As it is I keep getting distracted by little projects.. a PP block here and some handquilting there.. a new technique..thank you Muv to try and so forth..LOL I just wish I didnt have to sleep then I could quilt around the clock.. I did however step outside this morning to put my vegetable starts into the ground. I dont have much of a green thumb..but I try.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

JenniKy ... I'm just completing a 8 month, once a month Mystery. The first two months I drove myself nuts, as like you I wanted to do more and was frustrated with the long gap! Then I gave myself and shake, and realized this is kind of cool ... I'm getting an extra project done, without really seeming like I'm doing anything. From then on, I seemed to get into the groove, and just let it pace me to make sure I got it done. I picked up the final clue on Saturday and it'll probably be the hardest one to do, just because I know there isn't much to do ... and that I don't have the deadline of the next Clue to nudge me into action. I'm in a UFO Challenge at my LQS til the end of May, so the Mystery will go on hold til after that, as I know I can't get it all finished between now and then, along with other things I want to finish up!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Muv

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
The year of the Queen's Coronation. I am trying to get the wall hanging ready in time for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations on 4th June.
Oops - slight error - she became Queen in 1952, but the Coronation didn't take place until 1953.

Jenniky - great to see progress, and glad I gave you a bit of distraction. And while you are planting vegetables I am busy doing an applique of a leek to represent Wales.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Oops - slight error - she became Queen in 1952, but the Coronation didn't take place until 1953.

Jenniky - great to see progress, and glad I gave you a bit of distraction. And while you are planting vegetables I am busy doing an applique of a leek to represent Wales.
Guess you are doing your own veggie planting, Muv!!
GMTA as last night I was thinking ... that really, you have til next June for the 60th of the Coronation!!
So you'll have a quilting project for the whole time of the celebrations.

Guess we have lots of Coronation celebrations to come for the next year.
Prince Charles and Camilla are dropping by for a few days later this month ... wonder if we'll have any more Royals to follow?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 AM

Quilt E... I like your perspective on the six month mysteries.. I might give one a go after all.
Muv... aLeek is one vegetable I have never tried. Am I missing out on a good veggie???
Old 05-15-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Sounds like a fun project and now you two have got me wanting to start another.
Here is a picture of an 80" square patriotic quilt I just finished. The center of the quilt started with the printed Eagle & Prairie Star panel from the American Valor collection and I pieced the remaining 4 prairie stars and the stripes and bear paws around that. JulieDeGrave, a very talented LAQ, quilted the quilt. I'll probably be posting it later this week when I get a chance to download more pictures. You all should see the amazing work Julie did on the eagle, which doesn't show up here.
Can you take a close up picture of the eagle? Please
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Muv

Jenniky - You must drop everything and dash out NOW and buy leeks. PM me if you want suggestions on what to make with them. You have deprived yourself for too long!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 AM

Just found this fabric by accident. http://www.overrainbow.com/cgi-bin/S...menu-2000.html