Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1330

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Muv

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Quilt

Here it is! Sorry it's taken so long to put the picture here. Big quilt, small house, bad light, Christmas etc. etc.

Thank you everyone for cheering me on all these months.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

PS. Brown owl - Weston-super-Mud, know it well. We're fine thanks, hope you are too. The roads are like rivers but the house is unfloodable, on a spur on a hill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is absolutely fantastic Muv! I love the way you did the borders too, really sets off those great applique blocks.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Beautiful, Murv. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries
    Muv your quilt is beautiful and it was a wonderful journey to follow along as it came together. I especially would like to thank you for sharing . I felt like I traveled a good bit with your lovely quilt and learned a lot. Thank you again.

Alright so actually my world was turned upside down. I am currently in Arizona away from the snow. We have internet set up now so I can connect a bit more.. however we are way out in the desert and the fastest internet they have is pretty much close to dial up... ugh But did I mention there is no snow.. and the sun is shining..

My brother had a loss and he really needed family to come stay with him. So dd and son-inlaw packed up the house for us and put in storage and we took what we could fit in the car and here we are in Golden Valley, AZ. We will be here for at least three months. I did manage to fit my sewing machine in the trunk but there was no room for bringing my stash. Im hoping that soon we can find out where a fabric store is and take an afternoon drive to it.

Im so sorry I have not been in contact everyone all of you my quilting board friends are so important to me.. Its just been one of those years. But did I mention there is no snow here and that the sun is shining.

Well my brother is very grateful and thankful we came.. my biggest job has just been giving him random hugs and being a upbeat positive influence. Was really hard last night but we made it through this morning. It's hard to watch someone broken and crying who you have always seen as a pillar of strength. I have to give credit to my DH also as usual his wonderful self was able to be the big shoulder to cry on. It was the most touching thing I have ever witnessed one man telling another it was alright to cry and let the pain out. I mean WOW is the only words I can use to describe it. The only reason I feel comfortable sharing it here with you my friends is because I know the compassion you all have and continue to share as friends here in this thread.

I am hoping that you all have had a wonderful Holiday Season and that the new year brings lots of love and laughter and warmth into your hearts. I know that though the end of the year has been rough for me and mine, I can feel good about what I have and the love of my family and friends means more than anything to me.

Super warm hugs to all of you my friends I miss our time together.
    Have an awesome day!

Muv, your quilt is just awesome! I thank you also for sharing the journey with us.
    Jenniky, you are indeed blessed with a very special h that he would pull up roots and go to help your brother like that on the spur of the moment. Of course, it goes along that you are very special too, but we already knew that!
    Holding you and your family close in my heart as you move thru this difficult time. At least there is no snow and the sun is shining!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Jenniky - for quilt stores in Arizona, I love this list: http://www.wrbqinc.com/az.php
    my heartfelt sympathies to everyone involved!!!
    Liz / Calgary

Jenniky - I'm so sorry for your brother's loss! You did what you needed to do to help him, and that is a wonderful thing! I'm sure the emotional help you are giving him will do him a world of good. I'll keep you all in my prayers!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Muv
    Jenniky - so sorry you and your family are going through a hard time. All my love to you all for the New Year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz92B View Post
    Jenniky - for quilt stores in Arizona, I love this list: http://www.wrbqinc.com/az.php
    my heartfelt sympathies to everyone involved!!!
    Thank you all my friends for your friendship and support. Liz, thank you so much for the list of Arizona quilt stores. There is one not too far away I would never of known about if you hadn't sent me the link.

Dulub I want you to know I thought about you as we drove across the top of Texas on Interstate 40. We stopped in Amarillo Texas and met DD for dinner at a nice Mexican Restaurant then flopped in our hotel to sleep and was back on the road at Sunrise. What a crazy life.

Hopefully today I can find the adapter for my camera and I will share a picture of the Canadian quilted Ornament I made . Hubby and I drove to JoAnn's in Bullhead City and I bought some fabric and some FQ's. I was thinking of making another carpenters wheel but Im not sure. I picked five fabrics that I thought complimented each other well and bought a couple yards of each. Then I picked up ten FQ's which I will use for the 2013 BOM's. Hubby is limiting me on what I can buy as he says we wont have room in the car to haul everything back to Indiana. I miss my stash.. LOL how funny of me to say, but its true.

If you are wondering how my hip and back are doing through all of this. I can report that other then a few bad days during the traveling I'm doing very well. As long as I don't over do, I haven't been dealing with any major pain and Im physically feeling well along with my good spirit which must come from above. Though there is a sadness in me and deep concern for my brother, I have been at my best. Time to go and warm up the sewing machine and work on the first block of the New Year BOM.. Hugs all.

Jen
    Last edited by Jenniky; 01-02-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    Have an awesome day!

Muv - Stunning. I imagined it being amazing but this is well beyond that. Well done!

Jenniky - So sorry to hear about your brother's troubles. Wonderful of you and that fabulous husband of yours to pull up stakes again to be with him in his time of need. The sun is shining because you are such good people. Glad to hear your health is stable.

All the best for 2013 to everyone here.

Good Morning All!!!

Muv ... Outstanding!!! It goes way beyond anything I was expecting. I like the simplicity of your "racing stripe" outer border. It frames it gently, not taking from the focus work. Incredible!! You've done yourself proud!!!!

Jenniky ... so sorry for your brother's loss. What a wonderful pair you two are to take off to be at his side and help him find his way in his new life. I'm glad you got your priorities straight ... and found space for your sewing machine to travel with you! The good news is all the shopping you can do and new LQS' you'll be able to find now!!! As for DHs concerns about taking it all home ... remember, there are trailers! Or your USPS would be glad to forward it to you. However, I have a feeling that you will be leaving a house of quilts for your DB!! We'll look forward to hearing from you when you can make the internet connections where you are. Another strategy ... make use of the ihigh speed internet cafes when you are out and about!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Jenni, Huggs ta your DB. I lost my DMIL this last month. So he & I will be cryin' tagether.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Continued thanks for your always kind words, strength and support my friends I am looking forward to a little mini adventure to the quilt shops while we are visiting here.

Hugs for you Dublb Im so sorry for your loss as well. It really has been a rough December for everyone has it not? My SIL in Michigan lost her mother also right before Christmas. I know there is some saying about the time for passing and rebirth but I don't remember it. What I do know is the sun is shining and there is no snow here.. and for now that and the Holy Spirit of faith, hope and love are strong comforts for me. Oh and my quilting lets not forget the wonders and comforts of piecing something wonderful together.
    Have an awesome day!

Jenniky - I am so sorry to hear of your family troubles. I hope that 2013 brings you some comfort and better times.

Muv - Ab Fab! Love the panels, and I can see why it took blood, sweat and tears to finish. Truly stunning! We are having localised flooding in Durham and North Yorkshire, but here in Darlington we have been rain free for about 24 hours - which is some kind of record.

Happy New (Quilting) Year to you all!
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Muv your quilt is absolutely STUNNING!!! Such a work of art!!! Congratulations!!!
    Hilary

Oh so good to see the Brits arriving to ooh and aah for our Muv the Quilting Queen!!!

Now, please join us here with a new patriotic project, BrownOwl and CoventryUK!!!

I have now finished about 20 of those Union Jack cushions, and I need a different kind of patriotic challenge. Still mulling it over, but hasn't the challenge finished? Or are you carrying it over to 2013?
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownowl View Post
    I have now finished about 20 of those Union Jack cushions, and I need a different kind of patriotic challenge. Still mulling it over, but hasn't the challenge finished? Or are you carrying it over to 2013?
    Oh goodness no! .... this is the challenge that will never end.
    Just as patriotism will never end!!
    Actually Works4Me and I were discussing the other day what our next Patriotic Project might be ... I think I know what mine will be!

So get those creative juices flowing BigBrownOwl ... maybe you could start something in honour of the new Royal Heir and complete it when the full details are known?

Welcome bigbrownowl. What QuiltE said.

I'm debating whether I start my patriotic quilt next or have a small project in between. But, my Frankenstein quilt has to be finished first.

I have an American flag quilt that I have been planning for a couple of years. Maybe this is a good time to dust it off and get 'er done!

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaVee View Post
    I have an American flag quilt that I have been planning for a couple of years. Maybe this is a good time to dust it off and get 'er done!
    Sounds like a great idea, GrammaVee ... that's exactly how this thread got started, when Works4Me and myself said to each other "I have this project that I've been wanting to do .............!" And now we've thought up more!

Blog Entries
    Howdy my friends.. I have been back at the sewing machine full time for two days now. I'm working on a small sampler quilt. It has been a great project to get my creative juices flowing again.

I have the camera charged and loaded the pictures onto my computer and no pictures of the ornament. Grr I know I took those pictures before I left and all the projects were packed away for storage. Well I guess the craziness of the times has taken another prisoner. Bummer.. I am so proud of the way it finally turned out. Oh well come spring when we are back in Indiana and I reunite with my lovely stash and UFO's I was working on I will be able to take pictures again to share.

In the mean time, I am thinking of making a Red, White, and Blue Mug Rug of my own design for 2013's first patriotic project. I know I want to incorporate a few of the blocks patterns from the sampler Im working on now. Here is a picture of it. I have it pinned to a football quilt pinned on the wall. I dont know how the colors will show up on your computer. The pictures don't do the fabric justice at all.

Name:  013.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  1.24 MB Part of what I was thinking for the Patriotic Mug Rug was to hand quilt a wavy flag pole design on individual blocks in the solid blocks that separate the sampler blocks. Will be searching the Quilt Cache for block ideas also. I don't think though I will set the blocks on point as I am doing in this first project. I am going to look for small and large print paisleys in fabrics. IDK just my beginning project thoughts. It is SEW good to be back at the machine and creating.
    Have an awesome day!

Glad that you're back and bonding with your sewing machine Jenniky!
    Odd isn't it, as to how much more settled we are when sew?
    At least, that's the way it is for me.
    Looks like you made good progress on your latest project ... at first I though, oh how odd that she's mixed in some football material. Then I realized you hadn't made those blocks yet! duhhhhhhh!

And being that you didn't tell us, I am assuming you now have snow and cold weather.
    Otherwise, I'm sure you would have told us that there wasn't any!!
    So sorry for the change of fate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grammavee - Great! As QuiltE said, that is exactly how this thread started. We needed a push to get our patriotic projects done.

Jenniky - glad you are sewing again. And so happy you are thinking of another patriotic project. I really like your idea for the quilting in the solid spots.

Looking forward to project photos from everyone.

Wanted to share with you a great deal!!

The editor of Fons & Porter contacted me to review their new eBook. If you like log cabin quilts you can get a free copy of this "eBook" by heading over to my blog!

http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.c...bin-ebook.html

Happy Quilting!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast