Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

craftiladi 02-17-2013 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts (Post 5863350)
LynnVT- I agree! But SandyinZ4 is right, too- I have a lot of fabric that I've picked up 'just because', and I need to use it. A lot of it has been bought because it will be a great item for my shop, but if I don't actually *MAKE* the item, then the fabric does no good, right? I will still end up buying fabrics to coordinate with some pieces, or for backs to others, but that's the way it works.

That, and I just bought about 8 yards of linen for garb for SCA events coming up... I do more than just quilting, and I'm nutso for it, too! ;)

Ms. Cattails I so agree, there are just fabrics you 'have to have', yes my stash is full of those purchases. Just got done peeking at your store & blog, you have some items.

on keeping the LQS in business...my hubby used to say I did my fair share of exactly that -lol.
Happy to report I have stuck with my no but for almost 8 mths or so. Yes bottom line is doesn't do any good just sitting there-ok well it does make for nice displays-lol

mom-6 02-20-2013 03:33 PM

Good point about keeping LQS in business. However the closest one to me is rather small and I haven't found much there that struck my fancy. Great for sticking to my no more fabric purchasing till I use up some more of what I have, but not very satisfying if I'm looking for what I don't have!

PaperPrincess 02-21-2013 09:05 AM

Well I survived another visit to my LQS without a fabric purchase! I mentioned before that I have a monthly class, where to get to the classroom you have to walk right by the markdown area. I even picked up a bolt and looked at it. Christmas! Cream Pointesettias!! METALLIC!!! On Sale Cheap!!!! but talked myself out of it and put the bolt down. Still managed to spend some $$, just no fabric! Feeling pretty smug right now, but the CT catalog just came yesterday. Sitting right there, calling my name...

earthwalker 02-22-2013 10:27 PM

Had to pick up some medication yesterday, called in at Textile Traders which is on the way home and despite a "buy 2 metres get 1 free" offer on all their fabric only emerged with a packet of needles. Feeling quite "pure"....wonder how long this will last:).

lots2do 02-23-2013 02:50 AM

How is everyone doing? We are on our way to Florida. I'm going to visit Happy Apple Quilt Shop for the first time. Am looking forward to it but am also hoping to buy sensibly. :)

Pat625 02-23-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do (Post 5881807)
How is everyone doing? We are on our way to Florida. I'm going to visit Happy Apple Quilt Shop for the first time. Am looking forward to it but am also hoping to buy sensibly. :)

Where is the Happy Apple??? Although I know I can't go there :(

romanojg 02-24-2013 05:40 AM

I just survived the Hampton Quilt show and didn't buy any fabric. I did buy some thread, another ruler rack for my wall ( I loved the one I bought last yr) and I bought a magnetic pin holder and a jacket and a bobbin holder. That's it. I did really good resisting.

alikat110 02-24-2013 09:13 AM

Just bought 2.5 yds of fabric from quilting board sale...totally gonna be used in a charity quilt...so....I don't consider this a bad purchase. It will be paired with stash fabric ( pre selected if colors work like I believe).

craftiladi 02-25-2013 05:34 AM

I picked up 2 yds of heavenly pink minky for....a dollar...I so could pass that up, that doesn't count right?

SandyinZ4 02-25-2013 07:06 PM

Craftiladi...anytime one can get 2 yards of any nice fabric for $1 ...I say go for it.