Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

Pat625 03-26-2013 06:19 PM

Finished a large lap quilt this past weekend all from stash..Now hand quilting a twin that I pieced all from stash too!! Can't believe how many quilts I can see in what I have.,.too bad the graduation quilt request can't be all from stash, but lots of scrappies planned too!!

Emma S 03-27-2013 06:14 AM

Alikat: If you want my vote I want to see, plus I want all the details, was it on sale and where did you get it? Vicarious thrills are almost as good as the real thing. However I do appreciate your compassion not wanting to enable others. LOL Many of us have fallen off and climbed back on, you can too.
Pat: It does feel good doesn't it? Can you post pictures, scrappys are my favorite.

NJQuilter55 03-27-2013 06:16 AM

Love the strip quilt. Colors are fabulous! Nicely done!

SandyinZ4 03-27-2013 06:41 AM

I too admit that I have fallen off the wagon a couple times but only bought charm packs from on-line sites that were offering free shipping. Plus I do NOT have kiddie prints in my stash and have several baby quilts to make so they will all have the same pattern but just different prints. Otherwise, I am doing fairly good. Sometime this summer, I want to go through my stash; iron, measure and cut out pieces for various quilts I have in mind and get them in boxes so they will be ready to sew on when I need leader/enders.

irishrose 03-27-2013 07:22 AM

deedum, the strip quilt is very pretty.

Allicat, I'd like to see the fabrics, too. We still like to look.

Sophie2 03-27-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5957845)
deedum, the strip quilt is very pretty.

Allicat, I'd like to see the fabrics, too. We still like to look.

Yes, Allicat, it doesn't cost anything to look. LOL It actually inspires me!

CorgiNole 03-27-2013 01:16 PM

Completely fell off the wagon today... happened upon Timeless Treasure's Organic Viking line that I somehow missed when it came out last summer. My grandfather claimed we were descended from the Vikings and the ones on this fabric are nearly identical to the caricature that he used on his stationary. No regrets.

I have definitely been more circumspect about what I buy, so in a sense the moratorium is working... will try to climb back on the wagon.

Cheers, K

Coloradowest 03-27-2013 01:17 PM

Well, March is about over. I was to big city the 21st and I never looked at the material. Then back on Sunday and never near any store with material .I had to buy door locks and packing boxes this month. I plan to go to another town tomorrow but will not be shopping. Senior bus. I have not bought any material this month. 3rd monthin arow.

I have sewed a little on this quilt top. I have the center seam pinned to sew and then only the two end strips to put on. I have found this top hard to get the slash to match up across the quilt. This one has been a learning experience. All stash and stash to finish it. Rest of planned quilts should go faster.

Emma S 03-27-2013 03:05 PM

K: I agree when it comes to family a quilters got to do what a quilters got to do. Welcome back aboard.
Colorado: Congrads on 3rd month. Love to see a picture of what you're working on.

alikat110 03-27-2013 06:20 PM

Please don't look if you lack the strength to resist

6 Attachment(s)
I purchased most at Dallas quilt show. Some from our own board members......
The 2 pinks in the 4th photo was bought a wally world for my daughter (10yrs old) who is also already accumulating a stash.