Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

MadQuilter 04-02-2013 09:56 AM

I signed up for a Sashiko class in March and it required Sashiko fabric which I didn't have. Now I have lots (and a frame and needles and thread and patterns and .....) lol

Emma S 04-02-2013 04:27 PM

Irishrose: Yes CT had Mirage and solids on sale for $4. something the second of week in March and I have the invoice to prove it. I really like the Mirage "sueded look ". The worst is I am not quite happy with the purple I purchased, so will probably have to place another order for a deeper purple. Oh woe is me!

PaperPrincess 04-04-2013 05:14 PM

Got over my first hurdle for the month. I received a gift card to JoAnns for my birthday, which was burning a hole in my wallet. I went today and got a book, a ruler and a couple yards of interfacing, but no fabric.

Pat625 04-04-2013 07:02 PM

tomorrow I begin making my daughter's prom gown...most of it came from stash!!

deedum 04-05-2013 04:22 AM

Well I fell off the wagon, again! My dh and I were on vacation in TX and on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite stores that is too far from home. Well of course I had to stop! I bought solids which I don't have much of and she gave me some old quilt magazines and patterns that she had in her store she was clearing out! So I bought some fabric for a baby and rickrack and a few odds and ends. I love to support the independent stores where I can. I felt good about it. Really got to stop buying now and start using it up some.

deedum 04-05-2013 04:25 AM

On a good note, yesterday I made some baby items for a shower. Everything came out of my stash for that. Also, I made a few mug rugs yesterday out of my stash.

Sophie2 04-05-2013 04:30 AM

I don't get to LQS very often - the closest one is over an hour away, so when I do I don't feel bad about making a purchase. I have gotten better about the amount I buy when I do go and have been using up a lot of my stash this winter. Haven't been to a LQS since Christmas! I think I am over due! Have been buying backing fabric via the internet in order to finish up some "stash quilts".

PaperPrincess 04-05-2013 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 5979132)
Well I fell off the wagon, again! My dh and I were on vacation in TX and on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite stores that is too far from home. Well of course I had to stop! I bought solids which I don't have much of and she gave me some old quilt magazines and patterns that she had in her store she was clearing out! So I bought some fabric for a baby and rickrack and a few odds and ends. I love to support the independent stores where I can. I felt good about it. Really got to stop buying now and start using it up some.

If you bought it while traveling on vacation, it counts as a souvenir!

auntpiggylpn 04-05-2013 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 5979281)
If you bought it while traveling on vacation, it counts as a souvenir!

I like your thinking!!!

Emma S 04-05-2013 06:15 AM

I have a helpful hint to keep you on the wagon. Shelve your stash. Spent two days puting fabric in two book cases that measure approx. 3 X 7 feet. They only held my greens, blues, reds and pinks. Then using wire racks on cement blocks I lined a walk in closet with the rest of my stash. UFO's and scraps have no home, plus I have a plastic storage container of fabric that won't fit on the already full shelves. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is buy more fabric. The up side is I can really see what is in my stash for the first time, but is it good to plan a quilt based on how much space you have on that shelf?