Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-fabric-moratorium-t238230.html)

MadQuilter 01-11-2014 10:46 AM

Elisabrat, I don't think it counts. Blenders and neutrals are ALWAYS needed, and particularly if you need them for an ongoing project. Plus you at least sound like you had some twinges over this purchase. lol

Great job on those quilts retiredteacher.

Scissor Queen 01-11-2014 02:17 PM

This should be a piece of cake for me this year. #1, I don't have any place to put new fabric and #2, I don't really have money for fabric anyway. As a matter of fact, after tax season I'm going to sort thru what I do have and get rid of the fabrics I'm not likely to ever use.

LTeachergeorge 01-11-2014 07:06 PM

Well, I'm in again this year. I fell off the wagon early in 2013 with a THUD!!!! (Working at my LQS part time certainly doesn't help!) LOL. We are 11 days in and I bought a pattern today -- but NO fabric!! I hope you all will keep me on track this year!

Linda in Missouri

YukonViv 01-12-2014 02:09 PM

Well, my foot fell off the wagon.

I went four times to our shop this week for various reasons, to sign up for a retreat, to sign up for a class, to help a friend pick out some fabrics for needlework pillows, to help another friend pick out border fabric for a UFO, and lastly to attend the Border Creek Mystery Quilt meeting.

There was a huge sale at the shop and I found two lone fat quarters for a quilt I am collecting fabric for. The were the only ones left of the style (reminiscent of old sheets and pillowcases) and they were 70% off! So I spent $2 plus change.

I couldn't leave them there, although the quilt probably won't be started till 2015.

MadQuilter 01-12-2014 06:51 PM

Viv. the fact that you went into the land of temptation 4 times and you came away with only 2 FQs to go with a UFO - my hat's off to you.

irishrose 01-12-2014 07:09 PM

January purchase and it's only the 12th. 2 yards of a black blender for my batik quilt. The batik quilt is high on the list so I grabbed the sashing while I was at JoAnn's with my daughter. It's 50 miles away so it's grab when you can. At half price, I think I showed restraint getting only what I needed.

oksewglad 01-12-2014 08:56 PM

Still no purchases, but I have to go to a LQS first! Don't do online...that would be a disaster...good thing I'm a touchy feely type of buyer.

nancia 01-12-2014 11:36 PM

I have been very good. I think I'm sick. It could be terminal. How long can you go without fabric before it kills you? Food is two days, water is two weeks, how long for fabric? I went to lqs with dh to pick up thimble dots and didn't buy even thread, which, if i had to, i could have woven into fabric. My case is being presented at the medical school of fiber and weave, sometime next month. Drs from all over the world! Hope they an save me! I'm all torn up!

mary r 01-13-2014 01:06 AM

I'm in. Too many projects waiting to be started. I'm addicted to beautiful fabric. Time to get those projects started and finished.

lizzy 01-13-2014 04:47 AM

I just went through about 1/3 of my quilt fabric and pieces, reorganizes and will try hard not to buy more fabric. I want to do more pictorial quilts and found fabric I had forgotten my purchasing them. So no excuses. The only problem will be to find the fabric in my reorganization.