Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237730.html)

wildyard 12-30-2013 10:48 AM

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

This is the brand new page for this year's continuation of our UFO Challenge. The rules are simple: We support and encourage one another in completing our accumulated UFOs.

You are encouraged to set a goal for each month, but it is not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing said UFO from your incomplete stack of projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it.... you see, we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFOs.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile, lol, it's been done before. We are great enablers, too! ;)

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on. The train will blow it's whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFO's; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

cpower 12-31-2013 04:38 AM

Wow, I like this idea! I don't have anyone to pass a UFO or PHD to, so I have to finish my own! I had already set a goal last week to start finishing these projects! Have 1 completed! For Easter!

kristakz 12-31-2013 04:49 AM

I'm in! I just counted up last year's finishes - 19 quilts (not all were UFOs at the beginning of the year, however). And I created 9 additional UFOs in the process - plus the ones I already had which did not get finished. So, UFO challenge here I come!

WMUTeach 12-31-2013 05:45 AM

I will have to go home from work and take an accurate count of UFO's but just like most quilters, I have a pile of them. Thinking less than 10 but......likely will find others that I have forgotten about. Here we go!

oksewglad 12-31-2013 08:43 AM

I refuse to count the UFO's, but will try to make the pile smaller and not create anymore. Thanks for starting the thread Linda.

createfourpaws 12-31-2013 10:46 AM

This is the year I plan on getting some of the PIGS and UFOS done. I haven't look to see how many I have to finish. Will be doing that over the weekend.

I have 45 t-shirt cut and ready to be put into a quilt.

This is a great encouragement to finish those we have put aside.

createfourpaws 12-31-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by cpower (Post 6483276)
Wow, I like this idea! I don't have anyone to pass a UFO or PHD to, so I have to finish my own! I had already set a goal last week to start finishing these projects! Have 1 completed! For Easter!

PHD does that mean project half done? If that is the case, I get those from my mom, or she buys kits and then wants me to put them together because they are more complicated than she realized or has faith in herself she can do it.

cjr 12-31-2013 11:13 AM

I'm in. Started last week. This king size needs to be ironed, sandwished, etc. Intermittingly started to finish 2 other ufos. I'm not counting,just know there are lots. To many.

jarenie 12-31-2013 11:13 AM

I know a lot of us have UFO's that we can not decide how to finish them(I love making blocks and end up with extra blocks - just in case I goofed on one.)
How about a UFO exchange where I finish yours and you finish mine.

Anyone out there interested?

wildyard 12-31-2013 11:53 AM

Clang, clang clangggggggg..... wow, folks are jumping on board already and the train hasn't even left the station. Awesome!! Welcome aboard everyone!!!

jarenie, I am sure you can offer up your UFOs that you no longer want and will probably find a taker for a trade.
We have a sister thread where we discuss problems, show works in progress and ask for help and/or advice.
That would be the perfect place to post your offer for dumpin..... er.. I mean transferring your UFOs to another quilter. heehee...
Personally, I think trading UFOs that you really don't want to finish is a great idea.
It might be a few days before the sister thread for 2014 is up and running but keep an eye out for it.

We try to keep this thread for posting finishes and all the cheering and such. We all love seeing the finished UFOs. It encourages us all so much whenever anyone posts a finish!