Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237910.html)

amelia0607 01-01-2014 08:29 PM

I need a board to motivate me to start a project!! I go out and shop and a project starts to form in my mind. I buy fabric and that's it!! I really must start some projects this year:)

zozee 01-01-2014 09:26 PM

Count me in! Currently I have three UFO's . One baby play mat quilt, one sampler lap quilt, and a wall hanging. My goal is to finish them in that order. This thread is great motivation.

kristakz 01-02-2014 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by amelia0607 (Post 6487243)
I need a board to motivate me to start a project!! I go out and shop and a project starts to form in my mind. I buy fabric and that's it!! I really must start some projects this year:)

That's perfect - just keep telling yourself that once you start the project you can share it here to keep you motivated to finish it. Start creating those UFOs!! :p

peacefulquilting 01-02-2014 06:29 AM

Is it ok to hang out and quietly take everyone's work in? I can't promise that I can finish one UFO a month, but I think I can get encouragement if y'all will let me just watch from the bleachers!

By the way, what a beautiful kitty! I'm not normally a cat person, but wow, what a beauty!!

Hope you all have a great week!

QltrSue 01-02-2014 07:42 AM

Ok, so I've reread both threads, and I get it now, I think. After taking a quick look in my sewing room, I have ten UFOs to start with. I've decided to start with an embroidered Flower of the month BOM that I just loved doing. I have 6 small bees to do before i can finish it off with machine quilting. I wish I could post pictures, but that will come. A Simple Life, I just love your quilt and your kitty. And Fraew, what a neat signature quilt! Happy quilting to all, on this snowy New England day!

Krystyna 01-02-2014 08:07 AM

I'm in. Tons of UFOs, WIPs and PIGs. Right now I have a WIP - a scrappy for my sofa. Pix when my husband comes home with my camera.

Emma S 01-02-2014 08:29 AM

I'm in, you guys helped me finish six bed size quilts last year. Even kept me from starting any new ones until the very last month of 2013. I started Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice and Jabba's & Elisabrat's Medallion quilt, determined they will be finished this year along with the eight UFO's I didn't complete last year. Thanks for starting this thread!

francie yuhas 01-02-2014 09:15 AM

Count me in. I'm retired now,so have more time to sew. I'm too scared of what I'd find to do an inventory.

jaly3162 01-02-2014 10:30 AM

I just want to thank you and your husband for adopting the stray cat. I have compassion for animals.

gramquilter2 01-02-2014 02:11 PM

I too will join this thread. I had already decided to finish up some of my projects before I look for another pattern or fabric for something new. I am working on a machine embroidered project (started 5 years ago) and a grandmothers flower garden wall hanging (started 3 years ago) which hopefully will be my finishes in January. Beautiful kitten you have adopted.