Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2014-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2014-ufo-challenge-month-t237910.html)

auntjo 11-08-2014 01:38 PM

7 Attachment(s)
My Farmers Wife quilt started w/a group on here in 2009? is now completed & on my bed. I was all set to custom quilt each block but decided to use an all over pantograph called "Leaf Pile" that just felt like it went with the quilt. I used a brown thread matching the sashing & backing brown and am really quite pleased with how it turned out. And this from an old school hand quilter that just can't do it by hand anymore. Even machine stitched the binding - a first.

oksewglad 11-08-2014 03:50 PM

What a treasure auntjo! Congratulations on being persistent as well; mine's still a WIP.

QuilterMomma 11-10-2014 03:48 PM

Nice job on the Farmer's Wife. That is an undertaking for sure.
I have no been on the quilting board for a bit. My computer does not like to type for some reason on this site. Love seeing the wips and ufo completes. I have about 8 more UFOs and I am done with them finally. I have several WIPs I am doing along with the UFOs to make life interesting.

Emma S 11-10-2014 04:54 PM

QuilterMomma: I've been having trouble typing on this site too. How long has your problem been happening?

happylab 11-11-2014 05:31 AM

Auntjo, such a lovely quilt!!!!! I like how you finished the farmer's wife quilt!!!!!! I like the side borders with the blocks as well. Beautiful job!!!!!!!

MadQuilter 11-12-2014 10:46 PM

OK, what is wrong with me? I just went to a quilting retreat in Pismo Beach and instead of taking some of my existing projects to finish, I took fabric to start two new ones. The UFO pile groweth. !0 lashes with a wet noodle for sure. On the other hand, one of the projects is a small convergence top (Ricky Timms style) that needs a border and the other is the Dresden Bloom by Edyta Sitar from a Craftsy class. I enjoyed testing out both new techniques. Not sure if I will do another Convergence. Now the Dresden Blooms will be an ongoing process and I love it.

I also learned to do a 4-patch kaleidoscope and plan to give that a try. One of the gals at the retreat shared how to do that method. (Like a stack and whack with only 4 pieces.)

Emma S 11-13-2014 05:54 AM

Martina: Would love to see pictures!

wildyard 11-13-2014 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MQ, I love 4 Patch Poseys, which is what I was taught to call the 4 patch kaleidoscopes. I have one in my PFF pile, just waiting for me to back and bind it. It doesn't have an owner yet so it's not high on the list. I love doing the 4PPs tho! Please show us your 4P project, I'd love to see it. Here is my 4PP in the UFO pile:

Karen G 11-17-2014 06:10 AM

I'm working on a stack of quilts that seems to be a mile high. They are finished except for hand stitching the binding. I finished two this weekend and started on the third. I do enjoy hand stitching, just seem too busy with other projects. When they slid off from the trunk that they are piled on and needed to be refolded and stacked I decided that the time is now.

Emma S 11-17-2014 07:46 AM

Wildyard: Really beautiful. The pattern flows so well. Do you think the four patch is easier to use in a design than say the eight patch?
Karen: Wow! A lot of finishes, would love to see pictures. Instead of working on new I should be finishing my pile. unfortunately I'm still at the quilting stage. Congrats!