Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2018 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2018-ufo-challenge-month-t293707.html)

happylab 12-31-2017 05:18 PM

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

This is the brand new page for 2018's Continuation of our UFO Challenge of the Month. The rules are simple: Support and encourage on another to complete our accumulated UFO's.

You can set a goal for each month, but it's definitely not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing a UFO from your stack of incomplete projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it. You see we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFO's.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone's pile. It's been done before. We are great enablers, too.

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on the train. The train will blow its whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFO's; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

We all love pictures so feel free to share whenever another UFO becomes a Finish project!

I'm looking forward to this UFO Challenge. 2017 was a great success. Congratulations to everyone who participated last year. I hope you will join again this year and turn a few more UFO's into complete works.

The train will be leaving the station. All aboard.

cannyquilter 01-01-2018 03:21 AM

I'm in have a qayg sampler quilt which I'd hoped to finish last year but didn't get done. A Christmas wall hanging which was started two christmases ago and just needs embellishments. Then a Christmas quilt which had been started and passed on to me over a year ago. Thank you for taking over from Janice, although not very active on thread follow it and keeps me focused.

Battle Axe 01-01-2018 03:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in. My list of UFOs is up to 13 now and I have not discovered all of them yet. This new thread needs a picture. So here is the last one I finished in 2017. Sunrise.....I think I did post this on last years thread. Mind is slipping.[ATTACH=CONFIG]586347[/ATTACH]I only take them to the floppy state right now. I have a long arm, but that is really backed up right now.

Marcia

ckcowl 01-01-2018 04:05 AM

I’m going to really work at participating this year— need to pull them out, look them over & make some headway. This will be motivating.
I managed a few finishes last year, but think I created as many as a finished :( I need to avoid that this year.

rryder 01-01-2018 04:13 AM

I’m in. Thanks for stepping up Happylab! I’ve got at least 20 UFOs, some are traditional quilts, others are art quilts. Not sure how many I can commit to for the year, so I’ll shoot for 1 per month. And I’m sure I will be adding some to my UFO pile since starting new things, getting them to a “what now?” state and setting aside until inspiration strikes (or perhaps just desperation to reduce the pile) seems to be a major part of my creative process:D.

Happy New Year everyone!

Rob

meanmom 01-01-2018 05:50 AM

I need to join also. I tried to finish 2 UFO's last year to start one new one. I did pretty good for a while. I have 6 quilts that are now quilted but just need binding. They don't have homes so I am having a hard time finishing them. I alos have a bunch of UFO's, I am afraid to count them.

kristakz 01-01-2018 07:31 AM

I'm in again this year - from the start this time :) I counted my UFOs last week, and have at least 41 (at least, because I'm pretty sure there are a few hiding that I've forgotten about, plus there are 8 "active" projects right now that could easily become UFOs before the end of the year. In fact, on reflection, one already has. Hoping for some good progress this year, or at least 1 for every month to help keep the count moving.

happylab 01-01-2018 07:40 AM

UFO challenge

Happy New Years Day everyone!!!

Thank-you everyone who has already jump on our UFO train, Toot toot Cannyquilter, BattleAxe, ckcoul, rryder, meanmom and Kristakz. Anyone can jump on at any time. I'm looking forward to a fun, pic of works in progress and pics of wonderful UFO's completed this year. (I think all finished projects are wonderful). Thank-you BattleeAxe for giving us a pic for our thread for encouragement. It is a wonderful quilt. I like the modern design. Congrats on your finish to end up last year. :thumbup:

I have too many projects to want to count, but I do plan to complete some this year. My goals this year is to complete from 8-12 bed size quilts and 12 small size projects for the year. Currently I'm working on redoing BHMQ 2017. I'm exchanging out the yellow blocks with 1/2 square triangles background/purple blocks. When it's done it will go out for quilting. I'm also going to finish a few items I did not get to last year; sew purple binding on a purple tree skirt, charity quilt, to name a few items.

oksewglad 01-01-2018 07:48 AM

On board here for a year's worth getting them done! Started a finish yesterday...just a little one, but a start for sure. I'm afraid to make a list...would scare me from even thinking of starting to finish..now that sounds like an oxymoron!

Belfrybat 01-01-2018 08:29 AM

I'm in again for this year. I've finished most of the easy UFOs so this year will be working on some that are in the early stages -- fabric pulled, and at least some cut and assembled. I haven't counted them, but I think I have about a dozen to finish.