Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

Conchalea 01-01-2019 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether (Post 8185112)
It's only January 1st and I already want to get online and order some fabric !!!!! That I don't need. I'm feeling weak and need to cruise the internet for fabric sales.

You can do this! Go shop your collection of wonderful fabrics & choose some to start a project. I enjoy putting different fabrics together, changing them around until I find the most pleasing combination. I’m sure, like most of us, you have a long list of patterns you want to make. Let that happen today!

PamelaOry 01-01-2019 01:13 PM

I’m struggling too! My son is still here visiting so my sewing room is not my own yet. He goes home tomorrow....then I can pull out my bins of fabric and look for some fabric for my next project.

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether (Post 8185112)
It's only January 1st and I already want to get online and order some fabric !!!!! That I don't need. I'm feeling weak and need to cruise the internet for fabric sales.

Teen 01-01-2019 02:12 PM

At 10:45pm last night, I ordered another pattern book. Pattern books are my weakness, too, so they are going on my moritorium. Ugh!

Alrighty then...I'm focused and determined now. We can do this, peeps!

sewingitalltogether.....turn off your computer, go to your sewing room, and pull fabrics for a quilt project. Organize a little...just spend time in all the lovely stash you have. You'll be amazed when inspiration hits!! We've got your back!

petthefabric 01-01-2019 02:45 PM

Temptation: Shop Hops. Love the fun with friends shopping together. The stores are all spiffed up. Loads of fabric I don't see at home. Inspiration galore. (When I'm hungry is not the time to grocery shop.) (When I'm excited and join in the fun is not the time for a quilt store.) And having to admit falling off the wagon-ugh. The desirable Shop Hop is an area of Calif coast I love and my all time favorite store is on that Shop Hop. Middle of June. A wonderful vacation. Rationalizing. Brainstorming. Maybe I could just go to my favorite store?..... Help! I'm on the edge!

This is my Frabriholic safe zone. No enabling. Lots of encouragement. Went to look at my stash....that's overwhelming. Don't need to pile it higher and deeper (PHD).

Whew! Made it through that temptation. Right now. Tomorrow's a different story. There's a letter to pick up at our exchange spot. You guessed it, LQS. Tomorrow, I'm going in and out-don't look at the fabric. Then, I need a credit card, talk about temptation. I need it for medicine from an on line pharmacy. Up till now I've use DH's for Kindle books, that needs to stop. Some stores have stopped taking checks, so it's cash or credit card. My resolution: pay it off totally each month.

This Board/Thread is my fabriholic safe zone. No enabling, just encouragement.

Pam S 01-01-2019 02:49 PM

Well, day 1 is almost over and so far I haven't slipped up.

grann of 6 01-01-2019 02:55 PM

Hang in there ladies! We can do it together. I have 15 blocks to go on my first quilt kit of the year. Just 12 (or maybe more) to go. I am going to strive to do at least one pattern from each pattern book I have gotten in the last few months, along with rulers that have never been used. Think of the self-satisfaction when we meet our goals, and our wallets are a little thicker.

PamelaOry 01-01-2019 03:07 PM

Yay! I kept looking and finally found the fqbundle that I already have that will work for my project! Tomorrow my son goes home and I can get started putting my sewing room back together. Hubby is going to start on my shelves Thursday which will make it much easier to shop my stash.

LindaJane 01-01-2019 04:27 PM

bear baby quilt.

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606103[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]606104[/ATTACH]My daughter picked and prepped fabrics for me using a bear panel that we cut apart. This was a quick finish using all fabric on hand. I have one other pieced today but return to work tomorrow so quilting will slow down for a while.

DebbyP 01-01-2019 04:36 PM

I am also in, with a tip I thought was pretty smart. I fell in love with a designer’s fabric palette for an appliqué project. I have trouble judging color through the computer screen because it is backlit. So I ordered a charm pack of her line. When it came I took it to my stash and pulled fabrics which matched. It involved a small purchase of fabric but gave me enough to work with.

peaceandjoy 01-01-2019 06:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Grann, I agree with Irish. If not a yard from the sale bin, how about needles, thread or other small notion?

DebbyP, I like your idea and will remember that for future. Get the same look without spending much.

I'm pretty good about looking at sites/sales online and not buying. In person would be another story! You are your own judge and jury, so if you are on an adventure with friends, take a picture of your stash with you and decide if a fabric you love fills a spot. Right now, my browns are lacking. No worries, I don't need it for anything. I'm just saying that, within reason, there might be a bit of wiggle room. (Note - this pic is 2 yrs old... Browns are mostly gone, really! Tan, I have, but not nice chocolate brown.)