Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

JJBlaine 01-15-2019 07:36 PM

I went to pick up my machine today, which I had left at the shop with the quilted dust cover I made. The repairman told me several customers had inquired about purchasing one, so he agreed to display them in his shop if I stitched up a few.

I knew I had used up all of my sewing-related fabric, so I made a stop at Joann's. I managed to get out with exactly the 2 yards I need for a pair of machine covers. I didn't even buy any extra for the backing!

Half of me is proud of myself, the other half is kicking myself in the pants for not taking advantage of the 70% off quilting fabrics sale!!!!!

petthefabric 01-15-2019 11:28 PM

My sister arrived. She's a beginner. She finished a qayg project she started in class. I helped her with trimming & binding. She wanted to go to LQS to start another. She found plenty in my stash for the quilt. So another 6 yds out of here. And we didn't walk into temptation.

Conchalea 01-16-2019 03:41 AM

WTG, Pet! Six yards out & your sister saved $$ at the same time. JJ, you have a plan to use that fabric immediately, so it isn’t going into stash. I give you a pass.

happylab 01-16-2019 06:09 AM

Thank-you teen for the hand up and the tarp. I think I will need that for the next few months.

Belfrybat 01-16-2019 09:48 AM

Everyone is doing so well either not purchasing or purchasing just what you need for a project. Way to go! I'm still here and still haven't purchased any fabric. It was a close call at JoAnns yesterday, but thankfully they didn't have exactly what I wanted in their sale priced fabrics. Then when I got home and looked through my stash more carefully I found a fabric that will work nicely. I've made 4 quilts since the beginning of January all from stash. Will post pics later.

petthefabric 01-16-2019 11:51 AM

belfrybat; way to go! Congratulations.

Accountability and encouragement.... just what I need.... You're great.

Conchalea 01-16-2019 01:13 PM

Very industrious, Belfrybat! Four quilts in 2 weeks-do you sleep?

Teen 01-16-2019 02:04 PM

I am attempting to squeeze in a trip to a Road to Calif. next week in and amongst my moving prep chaos. I'm buying a ticket in hopes I can swing it and make it happen. If so, I pledge to limit my spending to only what can fit in my open sewing room box. Lol... Quilt shows are an exemption, right?

retiredteacher09 01-16-2019 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used 1.3 yards on a non-quilting project but, at least, it is used. :)

I serged the double-sided receiving blanket and the 2 burp cloths. One book panel is also gone. Wahoo! Just in time for the neighbor’s baby shower on Saturday.

SillySusan 01-16-2019 07:21 PM

RetiredTeacher, those baby things are fantastic! They certainly count in reducing stash... Congrats to you!