Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-fabric-moratorium-t301821.html)

Teen 03-28-2019 03:48 PM

Joe'smom.... Doesn't look grim to me.....I really like it! Gonna be a beauty!

ckcowl 03-29-2019 03:00 AM

I won a fabshophop prize so got to order a little bit of something new ( received one of those Big Blooms panels)
its nice when you can get something new without really spending much or really breaking the moratorium. I also spent a couple weeks offering scraps- totally emptied 2 really large totes, sent out 7 large flat rate boxes, one larger box and had a local lady come over & take (2) large (- bed bath & beyond Large ) bags of scraps. It is so nice to have it all gone! I still have more than plenty to work with. Feel like I can be more productive now that the room isn’t so overwhelming cluttered. I still have a corner stacked to the ceiling with totes- mostly wools I need to start going through and (2) large black trash bags full of flannels- none of the scrap collectors wanted any flannel. I guess maybe I will work on flannel, raggy quilts this year as I continue to use my stash.
Im feeling motivated.

LindaJane 03-29-2019 03:58 AM

So we went to Florida on vacation and my husband is an enabler and kept asking if we are going to find any quilt shops. Went to two, Three Crafty Ladies on Sanibel Island and Debbies Quilt shop in Venice. I bought one piece at 3 crafty ladies that I thought might work in the quilt I am making for my daughter (it didn't) but I knew she would like it and thought maybe she would want a bag out of it. So the first words out of her mouth when she saw it was it doesn't go with the other fabrics for the quilt but could I make a bag out of it.

At the other shop I bought one fat quarter. So didn't do too bad this time. First fabric I have bought just because I liked it in about a year.

So back to reality and getting back to using fabric and not adding to the collection.

My cousin asked me where to buy affordable fabric and I told her she could come shop my stash and she laughed but I told her I wasn't joking as I have more fabric than I will use in my lifetime so she said she will next time in Des Moines.

grann of 6 03-29-2019 04:21 AM

My quilty friend Always shops my stash. That is part of our agreement. We help each other out.

joe'smom 03-29-2019 08:06 AM

Madamekelly, what a darling dragon. That 'warty' fabric is perfect for a dragon.

ckcowl, it sounds as though you have some great de-stashing going on!

elly66 03-29-2019 08:09 AM

joe's mom I like the floral centers. Ties in well with the reds.
Madamkelly the dragon is adorable. Should bring a smile to his face. The raised dots on the minky really works well for a dragon.
Gran of 6 sorry to hear about the sump pump conking out.
No more wild purchases going into stash for me. I just hope I can continue that. The local quilt store has sale tomorrow and I resisted the last one but feel a weakness with this one. I must as I've been thinking about it since they emailed me at the beginning of the week. I honestly need nothing for current projects or even near future ones so hope I can keep resisting.

Quiltah Mama 03-29-2019 03:38 PM

madamekelley: OMG, I love it. How awesome!!! THank you so much for sharing, Sir Puffington will gets lots of attention. :thumbup:

Mary Christine 03-29-2019 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama (Post 8232766)
madamekelley: OMG, I love it. How awesome!!! THank you so much for sharing, Sir Puffington will gets lots of attention. :thumbup:

I couldn't agree more!

madamekelly 03-29-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama (Post 8232766)

Shame on me, I forgot to give credit to the designer and maker of the pattern I used. The pattern is called “Diggles the Dragon” and is designed and published by Pauline at Funky Friends Factory. The pattern was step by step, so very easy to follow. Www.facebook.com/funkyfriendsfactory. I bought a kit from her and changed out one of her fabrics for the minky. She is from Aspley, Queensland, Australia.

Teen 03-29-2019 04:55 PM

Hang in there, elly!!!! I've been deleting my emails without reading but it's tough!