Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-fabric-moratorium-t308855.html)

Rff1010 09-23-2020 08:42 PM

Lovely work and I'm happy to hear of everyone's safe returns home - although the loss of a business is always a sad event - I agree twas smart shopping.

joe'smom 09-24-2020 08:20 AM

Irish, I'm sorry to hear about your LQS! That seems like a very unfair set of circumstances.

petthefabric, such an ordeal for you and so many others -- my heart goes out to you.

Irishrose2 09-24-2020 09:02 AM

The LQS has found a new location. It's on the edge of town with good parking and all one floor so the owner won't have to run up and down stairs to longarm on breaks. Very nice landlord. Moving will be a hassle, but it will all work out. The other small shop owners downtown will be the losers. The quilt shop is a destination for groups - there aren't many quilt stores within 50 miles and the women cruised the other shops while downtown.
It's time for my least favorite part of quilting - pressing the completed top and back.

Rff1010 09-24-2020 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 (Post 8420190)
The LQS has found a new location. It's on the edge of town with good parking and all one floor so the owner won't have to run up and down stairs to longarm on breaks.... The other small shop owners downtown will be the losers. The quilt shop is a destination for groups - there aren't many quilt stores within 50 miles and the women cruised the other shops while downtown..

Anyone else amused and delighted at the though of a LQS as the anchor store??

Cattitude 09-25-2020 07:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This little project was squeezed in yesterday because I desperately needed the storage space occupied by the 4 pillow forms. The panel and print yardage was to become a wall hanging for my sewing room....alas no wall space. Nothing suitable for piping in my stash, I will add stuffed binding later, maybe aqua, maybe mustard. One more cat themed fabric dealt with...,yeah!

Notwendy 09-25-2020 10:07 AM

Cattitude - those pillows are adorable! Mustard or aqua would look great as a stuffed binding but, they are also great as-is.

Iceblossom 09-25-2020 02:38 PM

I was able to find my sky blue background for this month's Round Robin from stash and I'm definitely using the fabric I bought for it. Yay me :) Looks like I'm not using my birthday exemption or those 2 yards for the round robin or maybe the bag of scraps will have to count.

Have been getting back into "real life" now that our trip is over but still having fun. Yesterday I finally got my knee x-rayed (it was not good on the trip), and today I picked up my glasses that had been lost somewhere between the factory and my doctor's office before the trip. That's another big yay, they do work better with these contacts than the old pair.

Yesterday Hubby said he felt the Goodwill was calling him, but apparently he/it was confused because I got a full, in-box, never opened Fiskars set of a standard (18x24) mat, 6.5 x 24" ruler, and rotary cutter for $12.99. I've been waiting for a sale to pick up a new mat and now I have extras!

juliasb 09-25-2020 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cattitude (Post 8420354)
This little project was squeezed in yesterday because I desperately needed the storage space occupied by the 4 pillow forms. The panel and print yardage was to become a wall hanging for my sewing room....alas no wall space. Nothing suitable for piping in my stash, I will add stuffed binding later, maybe aqua, maybe mustard. One more cat themed fabric dealt with...,yeah!

The pillows are cute. Mustard would be my choice but they do look great just the way they are.

retiredteacher09 09-25-2020 04:14 PM

Cute pillows, Cattitude!

A great find, Iceblossom!

WMUTeach 09-25-2020 05:26 PM

Cute Kitties, Cattitude. Never saw those four previously. A perrrfect touch for your couch. https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/hug.gif