Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Conchalea 04-01-2020 03:23 AM

Nice finishes, Rob & Vasilia! Rob, your circles almost look like planets moving in space. Very cool image.
thanks for the sympathy comments, everyone. It does help. My stress level is high due to all the things I'm having to do to the house to list it. I was selling it to a company that would do the repairs, but they backed out. I think they fear the market will drop & they'll be left with lots of unsold houses.
Anyway, I saw that Bluprint is allowing unlimited free viewing on all classes until April 9. This is the time to learn new skills on our hobby, or add a new one to the mix.

Krisb 04-01-2020 09:53 AM

It is April 1st and the count for March is declared officially complete. 2T UFO’s are UFO’s no more. Given is chaos in our world, , this us a great accomplishment. I know that many have switched their focus from UFO’s to masks and gowns, and that is wonderful. Personally, I do 25 masks and then switch to UFO’s. Here is the tally:1 —Teen’s Free Birds for her sister’s one year survival anniversary.

2-6–Sewbizgirl’s impressive collection of five finishes

7 —Bugaroo’s windmill quilt

8 & 9–Dedemac’s pillows

10,11,12–Connie’s charity quilt and two placements

13–rff1010’s Norwegian Wood quilt for her nephew. Sure he will ❤️.

14&15–Quossum’s ScrappyBargello and What was I Thinking. Her UFO stories are wonderful.

16&17–Connie’s two UFO’s combined into one completed quilt.

18 —Teen’s quilt for her great niece.

19–Rff1010’s peacock fabric quilt

20–Cherryb’s quilt intended for her grandson but will now be loved by someone else

21&22–Rob’s double score by mashing two UFO’s into one completed quilt.

23–Sewbizgirl’s as yet unpublished completion

24–Vasilisa’s Kendo quilt—we are all so impressed that it is finished in the midst of everything else going on in your life.

25–yet another finish for Rob. If I hadn’t already used up all my “same size” quilts, i would use it twofer idea,

With the uncertainty in the world, I am reluctant to set a goal for April. At least in the USA, we will all still be home. So let’s just KEEP CALM AND QUILT ON

rryder 04-01-2020 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8373950)
Rob, please show some close ups of the ruler quilting when you post pictures of that quilt. Would love to see some possibilities...

will do Sewbiz.

oksewglad 04-01-2020 11:39 AM

Thanks Krisb

WMUTeach 04-01-2020 04:29 PM

Disappointed in myself for not finishing any UFOs this month of March.:wave: Lots of quilting done, just not my UFOs. Back at it for April. I have just two that need binding and then will be finished.

Waiting to hear our numbers for March. Goal for April, two finishes! . :boy:

Teen 04-01-2020 05:47 PM

Thank you, Krisb!! I love your comment.."Keep calm and quilt on" with your name by it.... I'm going to hand embroider that on my isolation Memory quilt I am working on each night.....love it

zozee 04-01-2020 10:34 PM

Krisb, I appreciate the way you stepped in When I
needed to bow out for family reasons. Those reasons are now behind me. However, can I just be real honest and say that I have no motivation to get back to being record keeper? You are doing such a great job logging the completed UFO’s and recapping details. If you want to continue, you have my blessing and gratitude. If you don’t, maybe someone else would like to try it for a month? I just have a case of the blahs and am staying busy with mask making, not quilting.

Thanks again!

QuiltMom2 04-02-2020 03:18 AM

Congratulations on everyone's completions for March: I missed it by 80" of binding left on one side! It will be completed for sure for April. Kris B: I want a coffee cup

Motorcyclemad 04-02-2020 11:48 AM

Sorry, I haven't contributed to the UFO count for this month. I have been looking at the same one for 7 weeks! And no, it hasn't changed since I pulled it back out. :p I was able to get two full-sized tops done and some pillow cases (my Mother asked for to go with her birthday present) for the Moratorium thread. That was the extent of all my enthusiasm for anything before the new COVID-19 restrictions.

It took the whole world to get sick before I was put on teleworking duty. Now it takes all I've got to stay focused and not sneak back to the sewing machine. ;)

I have been lurking and everything has turned out beautifully. Everyone is doing a great job--whether it is a 2-fer or a single. Keep those machines humming!

grann of 6 04-02-2020 12:12 PM

Well, I haven't contributed this month. Actually, I don't have any more UFOs, but do have some projects kitted up, and plenty of ideas in my head. Right now I am working on one that was a Bluprint kit, but I read the directions wrong and totally messed it up, so am busy rrrrrripping stitches out. I'm managing to keep myself busy in spite of the huge desire to allow myself a case of the blahs. It won't do anything to change the world situation, so I am forcing myself to stay upbeat. The dog seems to be enjoying all this one on one time with me, but also seems to miss the quilty friends coming over.