Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

oksewglad 02-11-2021 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8460104)
I have a final border of dark blue to do yet but the jelly roll has been exhausted except for a few bitty pieces... Background and sashing is all from stash, too. Yah!!

Now that's making the most of your fabric, Teen! The border corner blocks are perfect...reinforced the diagonal line the dark squares create. Well done!

oksewglad 02-11-2021 03:44 PM

As IR2 says...the sashing is perfect for your quilt, RetTeach! Lucky recipient to that quilt! And yes I feel your photo taking pain...I too struggle with it.

rryder 02-12-2021 06:00 AM

Teen- wow! That’s an amazing quilt, the more I look at it, the more secondary patterns I see in it. Well done!

Rob

rryder 02-12-2021 06:04 AM

Connie- What a cool quilt! I love the colors and the way the regularity and directional print in the sashing sets of the wonky squares. I think I'd have a hard time parting with that one.

Rob

petthefabric 02-12-2021 01:19 PM

A second to Rob's posts for Connie and Teen.
Connie, the wonky blocks are wild in colors and the borders were the perfect choice.

petthefabric 02-12-2021 01:22 PM

More progress with bird panel

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 631653 Got square in a square blocks and striped inserts and panels sewn together. Which make the top and bottom borders too short. In this picture I think the top/bottom borders need to extend to the edge of the outside stripes. Aren't photos helpful in seeing the whole affect?

retiredteacher09 02-13-2021 06:06 AM

Thank you for the compliments. The designer used a stripe so when I found the fun pattern of the sashing, I decided to try it. (Was actually leftovers from a sheet I used on the back of my nephew’s quilt). Lol!

petthefabric: Very pretty. The colors pull out the panel colors nicely.

Rff1010 02-13-2021 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever raided 1 project to finish another? And was it the right decision?

I purchased fabrics for Project A over a year ago. Currently working on Project B- LeMoyne stars and realized that this grey flower would make a wonderful border.

This leaves Project A short but since it hasn't been started yet...not the end of the world...right?? (It's just 1 other fabric - purple dragonflies)

Also thinking 2- 3" borders : 1 flower, 1 steel and black binding. Blocks are 10". Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

joe'smom 02-13-2021 11:34 AM

retiredteacher and Teen, what wonderful quilt tops!

Teen, I recognize that fabric line; it's one I managed to resist, although with lingering regret

Julienm1 02-14-2021 07:24 AM

I have a note taped on my lap top. NO MORE FABRIC-NOTIONS. Sometimes I think it's written in a foreign language.