Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2021 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2021-fabric-moratorium-t313678.html)

oksewglad 02-28-2021 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 8464816)
oksewglad: I would say the hardest part is done for your quilt. I like the way you have them in the large jar.
Conchalea and oksewglad; Thanks for the chuckles. I needed that today. :)

You're welcome, Connie...hugs. But now I have to dive into scraps and look for same number of 3 1/2" neutrals and then decide if the fabric I was planning on using for the unpieced strips will look good with them!

froggyinNM...wow 5 quilts; good for you!

Conchalea 02-28-2021 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by froggyinNewMexco (Post 8464817)
Haven't bought any fabric, Found fabric for backing for five quilts of various sizes in my stash, took them to the long armers, had to mortgage the house to pay for the quilting, and don't miss any fabric. I think it is breeding!

See post #257 in response to your statement!

Teen 03-01-2021 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chuckling here!!

I am so pleased that I am working on precuts... I have 3 projects going that involve the vast amount of my Tilda fabrics.....and a bolt of 9 yards of a Tilda solid that I should use all of it by the time I’m done. my precuts are dwindling..yah!

This is completed and used up a bunch of my gray and white bolts. Still have a bit of each left but I use these colors frequently so I should blast through each fairly soon. Then...tackle the other bolts of gray and white. Lol.. This is a King size Buffalo Check for our bed. I used 2 layers of batting...wool and cotton... super warm and poofy...

oksewglad 03-01-2021 07:48 PM

Well done, Teen. Quilting complements the pieced top so well.

retiredteacher09 03-01-2021 09:28 PM

Thanks oksewglad! My DMIL always said that you never stop worrying about your children. 🙂. One needed to find a different vehicle so we were sharing my car for a week and the other one was interviewing for a job promotion. Vehicle was found and promotion was given. 👍

Teen: Lovely quilt. That will be super warm.

Rff1010 03-02-2021 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8464607)
Pleased to say I have the 9P's cut from the 1 1/2" bins all sewn together for the strip quilt.

They look great! I was thinking that my pipes of scrap squares is starting to bulge out of it's container. Time for it to achieve it's destiny in scrap quilt glory!

jmoore 03-02-2021 03:47 AM

WMUTeach, thank you for the link to Lori Holt’s stars...yours look great and nice cuddly crib quilt.

Petthefabric, I really like your quilt and fabric choice...where did you find the California fabric?

Teen, fabulous quilting on your gray and white quilt...it is very sophisticated.

I recently purchased a bolt of Kona white solid when Greenfairyquilts had a sale but since I have a small stash, it will come in handy for background and sashing in future projects.

rryder 03-02-2021 04:39 AM

Wow, Teen, that looks great. Love the quilting on it, too.

Rob

Teen 03-02-2021 09:05 AM

Thank you, everyone.

jmoore....That bolt of white is the perfect bolt to have, in my opinion. All of my bolts are mostly fabrics for blenders, background, or backing....colors I use often. Good to have..

petthefabric 03-02-2021 09:15 AM

jmoore; the fabric has names of all the states. Since they moved from California to Florida I thought it fit. Bought it on-line, but don't remember store. Selvage says, "Windham Fabrics presents 'Across the USA' Origional Artwork C Michael Mullan Licensed, by Wild Apple Pattern #52206 C OEKO-TEX".