Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

dotcomdtcm 12-01-2013 02:05 PM

A whole cloth piece in "whitish"?
I don't free motion. How do I do this?

dotcomdtcm 12-01-2013 02:12 PM

well, I guess I could do a mug rug
I hate to break my try-one-every-month record , Suzy!!

SueSew 12-02-2013 07:37 AM

Oh dear, I stopped lurking, I got the idea to do an early Stella style, I bought a bunch of great FQ in the Jinny Beyer jewel-tone line, and I ended up working instead of quilting. Bah!

nancia 12-02-2013 12:01 PM

Dotty-- why don't you quilt it with glue? No rule says you have to use thread. Or you could staple it, nail(?), bubble gum, car treads, anything that will hold it together or just do a rendering in pencil on cloth or paper. I love the saying, " it's all good!"

suziehammond 12-03-2013 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 6433435)
A whole cloth piece in "whitish"?
I don't free motion. How do I do this?

How about all sorts of white on white/cream or extend the theme and go to grey/black? Little off the suggested subject but
they are all winter colors. (Then later if you wanted to it could be the basis of a whole other work.) And you could do a small piece and try some of that free-motion quilting to stretch yourself out...............:)

suziehammond 12-03-2013 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by SueSew (Post 6434616)
Oh dear, I stopped lurking, I got the idea to do an early Stella style, I bought a bunch of great FQ in the Jinny Beyer jewel-tone line, and I ended up working instead of quilting. Bah!

STOP that working 'stuff' right now and go have some fun creating some art! It's good for your health. :) Good to see you with us steadfast creators.

suziehammond 12-03-2013 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6435055)
Dotty-- why don't you quilt it with glue? No rule says you have to use thread. Or you could staple it, nail(?), bubble gum, car treads, anything that will hold it together or just do a rendering in pencil on cloth or paper. I love the saying, " it's all good!"

Love all these ideas! Let's see; big fat tapestry needle/thread design? glue your variegated white work to an old canvas?

dotcomdtcm 12-03-2013 05:57 AM

Ok, I have my idea. My friend 's Mom was named Rose. I do Remembering Rose pieces for Alzhemers fundraising.
Now I have to buy one of those hand quilting frames. Alas, I made my big embroidery hoop into a lampshade!!

nancia 12-03-2013 04:24 PM

I want one! A lampshade! With fabric or paper? Let's see!

dotcomdtcm 12-04-2013 03:00 PM

Making a lampshade was a pain in the neck. It is for the ugly hanging fixture the landlord provides. I used rice paper &
my bamboo embroidery hoop. Only a tube. Adequate.