Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

quilting.addict 08-02-2012 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5413704)
I do the monthly BOM led by MadeinMaine & it is the best!! Lots of side swaps, fabulous friends.

is that swap on this board??
Jeannie in GA

dotcomdtcm 08-03-2012 06:20 AM

yes, listed under swaps
Just send a pm to MadeinMaine to join & pick a theme!
You swap only one block a month
I have collected houses, trees, maple leaves, Christmas stars, snowballs
Currently collecting red & white
My partner wanted 5 colors, what a lot of fun
Cheers, Dotty

dotcomdtcm 08-03-2012 07:19 AM

Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap, check it out! Just saw some great blocks for someone collecting chickens!!

robertap 08-04-2012 11:48 AM

Hi
I'm a newbie to this group. I have an idea for the Aug challenge - Print on fabric with Gellie plate. It may be messy but who cares.
Roberta
Staunton, VA

chickadeee55 08-04-2012 12:15 PM

I am working on my first part of my project, trying to make homemade batik fabric for a background. Not as easy as I thought, but it is anoriginal pattern (if you call it that!)! LOL

dotcomdtcm 08-04-2012 12:33 PM

I have been playing with scissors. I'll show you soon!

ghostrider 08-04-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5417613)
I have been playing with scissors. I'll show you soon!

Just as long as you're not running with them, Dotty!! :eek:

dotcomdtcm 08-04-2012 05:34 PM

Playing

2 Attachment(s)
The first one was easy to quilt.
I don't know what to do with the second one. Surface is a bit sticky. I used Misty Fuse & 505 spray. Tiny pieces. The selvage says Garden of Enchantment!
Lots of fun to do but...
tomorrow I'm making something more restful, like potholders!

suziehammond 08-05-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by robertap (Post 5417558)
Hi
I'm a newbie to this group. I have an idea for the Aug challenge - Print on fabric with Gellie plate.
Staunton, VA

Hi Roberta, and welcome to our collective weirdness. I am really looking forward to seeing what kind of mess you got into this month. :)

Our Theme for Aug was already up on the board and it is just simply to PLAY. Some new technique to play around with or doing something just for the sheer fun of it all. You can see more specifics on the last day of July post.

Love all ideas for themes and hope to see more of you and what you do this month.

suziehammond 08-05-2012 05:08 AM

We finally got some lovely winter sunshine and decent warmth and I have been out worshipping both. But today I get back into the studio to play with this current little project a bit more. I can't wait until the days are really nice and I can get outside and make messes on the patio again!

Meantime my heat n bond and a huge pile of tiny scraps await............... photos to follow