Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   ART Quilt Challenges Monthly (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/art-quilt-challenges-monthly-t189772.html)

pollyjvan9 04-01-2013 11:49 AM

I am a snapdragon which I have never grown so I don't know anything about them. Will do some research and see what I can come up with.

petthefabric 04-01-2013 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5969406)
Beautiful daffodils.

I love spring with all of its blooms. Here are a few from my farm taken on Easter Sunday. These are blooms from our Asian Pear tree.

And in the spring when flowers bloom the bees to their polinating job.

SewExtremeSeams 04-01-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by suziehammond (Post 5969455)
sewExtreme those are gorgeous--have you taken the quiz? what flower are you? or what is your favorite (this year) :)

Hi Suzie, no, I did not take the test. Those are not my way of doing things. But, I LOVE flowers of all sorts. I can't even begin to describe all of the parts I love about them.:)

kaelynangelfoot 04-01-2013 03:43 PM

I'm a daisy and I really want to do this quilt challenge but I can't take on another project this month. I need to have two large quilts done in May, one for Mother's Day and one for my brother's Marine Boot Camp graduation. But I'm anxious to see all the quilts so I'll be checking back!

nancia 04-01-2013 04:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i finally went out and took some flower pics. these are in our front yard. the daffs arE mini's, no more than 6" tall. the easter lilies are inside and bloomed yesterday, right on schedule. i have an idea brewing for my snap dragons!
oops! i got so excited i exitted without posting the pics. silly me!!

nancia 04-01-2013 04:38 PM

oh, and the last one is my little monkey. she was a rescue. pure cocker spaniel, and 200% love. she is cheif supervisor of all things nanci.

dotcomdtcm 04-09-2013 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have not gotten to my sunflower yet, although they are for sale at the street vendors. Must come from S America.
This little quilt was inspired by all the planters downtown, filled with pansies, and the crocus that pop up, even in storm damaged parks.

nancia 04-09-2013 11:55 AM

dottie-- that piece speaks volumes about resiliency, hope and faith. the sun will come out tomorrow, flowers will continue to grow and fill our lives and souls with hopefulness and joy. new york is such an amazing city. hit it your hardest and it will still get back up and keep going!

Elisabrat 04-13-2013 03:46 AM

hello gang I was checking out your challenge it sounds very interesting. I will watch this month so I can get a good feel for what type of art everyone is making and see if i can even play along. I took your flower test. it says I am a violet. shy.. um Nancia am I a violet? yikes. lovely little flowers mom had dozens in the bathroom they loved the little extra moisture in the air from showering. she was so good with flowers. I am horrific without miracle grow. indoor plants never make it with me, ok outside.

SewExtremeSeams 04-13-2013 04:50 AM

Dottie, love your crocus wallhanging!