Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-2020-2021-winter-mystery-grassy-creek-t312961.html)

Teen 01-27-2021 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by toverly (Post 8455126)
Here is my Grassy Creek, I wasn't certain if I liked the colors but I carried on and now I love it.

Looks fantastic! Your border fabric is awesome!

jillmc 01-28-2021 04:29 AM

SuzSLO, I love your leader/ender quilt! I have not figured out how to do L/E....yet! Guess I need to research that.

Sewingpup-hope you heal quickly-sounds painful!

SuzSLO 01-28-2021 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by jillmc (Post 8456094)
SuzSLO, I love your leader/ender quilt! I have not figured out how to do L/E....yet! Guess I need to research that.

Sewingpup-hope you heal quickly-sounds painful!

Jill: I’m no expert, but Bonnie has a short “how to” under her “Tips and Techniques” tab on her website: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005...-and-hows.html

I was able to check a digital copy of her book out of my library as well. I think the best L/E are pieces you don’t need to pin, but I’m a pinned, even 4 patch’s, so I don’t let that stop me.

Jeanine 01-28-2021 03:52 PM

sewingpup: OUCH!

EmiliasNana 01-29-2021 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was directed here after posting my progress on Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek on the Pictures forum, and was grateful for the advice as I didn't know it existed LOL. It has been so fun reading about everyone's progress and change in their colorways. I am too intimidated by scrappies to choose my own especially on my first real challenge to stretch my comfort zone. I have really learned a lot and was proud to be able to keep up each week. Everything came from my stash except the grays. I hope this will give me the confidence to be able to put more color combinations on my own for future scrap quilts. This is a picture of the center layout on our king sized bed. Right now I am assembling the rows, minus the borders, which I chose to strip piece on the diagonal like Bonnie.
Attachment 631341

joe'smom 01-29-2021 10:11 AM

EmiliasNana, that's looking wonderful! I'm glad you found this thread!

I really like the look of the string-pieced border and am considering it as a possibility. I have my quilt top about halfway put together.

Karamarie 01-29-2021 02:17 PM

I'm seeing and reading some nice colors and will be waiting to see some quilts in the future. I'm just not into doing all the little pieces this year. Go girls!

Teen 01-29-2021 06:35 PM

Gorgeous, Emilia’sNana....

audsgirl 01-29-2021 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana (Post 8456535)
I was directed here after posting my progress on Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek on the Pictures forum, and was grateful for the advice as I didn't know it existed LOL. It has been so fun reading about everyone's progress and change in their colorways. I am too intimidated by scrappies to choose my own especially on my first real challenge to stretch my comfort zone. I have really learned a lot and was proud to be able to keep up each week. Everything came from my stash except the grays. I hope this will give me the confidence to be able to put more color combinations on my own for future scrap quilts. This is a picture of the center layout on our king sized bed. Right now I am assembling the rows, minus the borders, which I chose to strip piece on the diagonal like Bonnie.
Attachment 631341

I think your top is looking spectacular! Way to go.

Leslie

Mkotch 01-30-2021 03:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the lap quilt I made out of leftover pieces from my version of Grassy Creek. I still have some of the little nine patches that I'm planning to use to frame an orphan block for a little table topper.