Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-winter-mystery-2021-2022-rhododendron-trail-t316738.html)

hootnannie 11-01-2021 05:20 PM

Count me in for this year’s mystery. I missed last year’s but this is my 5th. I’m going with her colors as I’m using from my stash only and have them. When I did Good Fortune I would never pick those colors on my own yet it turned out bright and beautiful. I’ve learned to trust her choices and methods.

audsgirl 11-01-2021 08:51 PM

Thanks for hosting this, Ice Blossom. I am not sure if I am going to jump in on this one. I have been doing them since 2015, except for last year. So far, only 2 have made it to completion. Currently, I am doing the quilting for the 2015 one, Allietare! I would really like to finish that before I tackle another. But I will be eagerly waiting to see what everyone does with this quilt.

Leslie

jmoore 11-02-2021 03:13 AM

Yes, thank you Iceblossom for organizing this year’s BH mystery. I think I have done four of them thus far…I‘ll have to get caught up on some other projects (Christmas gifts) but I will check my stash for suggested fabric colors.

Sandra-P 11-02-2021 03:42 AM

I like to see familiar names that have joined in on this from years past and also the new people who haven't done it before. I do like the colors she picks, mainly because that is always hard for me to do on my own.

Iceblossom 11-02-2021 07:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First look at my solids -- don't think this is going to work but I'm looking at it. I'd do much better if the colors were blue tones.

I have a huge amount of the circle fabric, almost enough to use as the neutral yardage. I'm thinking that I would use it for the Garnet color, mixing pinks and purples, yellows, and probably just one aqua/green, and my neutrals would all be basic white solid. Since I have so much of it, I have enough that I could make extra units for those that come out as "yellow"

You can see in the 2nd picture that those yellow circles are pretty big, more than a quarter, and Bonnie often makes the pieces pretty small. I think I'd have to throw out a few pieces from each strip.

I have plenty of more conventional florals and prints in all the colors. Today's task after my Tuesday group will be to start pulling those.

QuiltingVagabond 11-02-2021 08:56 AM

I will be joining but haven't pulled fabrics yet. Even though I'm not a pink person, I'm pretty sure I have all I will need in my stash. I think this might be a good one to gift to my granddaughter, her favorite colors are pink and yellow.

Macybaby 11-02-2021 12:36 PM

I'm joining this year. This year's colors are right up my alley, so it will be easy to have lots to pull from stash.

ILoveToQuilt 11-02-2021 05:19 PM

Thanks for hosting, Iceblossom. I am not sure if I will be participating yet as I am in the middle of a move and my now meager stash (I gave 99% of my stash to a good friend because I will no longer have room for it) is in storage. .

I have one question about the paint chips. Are these from Lowe's again this year? If yes, which paint line (HGTV, Sherwin Williams, etc) do the numbers correspond to?

Can't wait to see everyone's fabric choices. Seeing how many different fabrics there are is part of the excitement for me.

JanieW 11-02-2021 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt (Post 8517212)
Thanks for hosting, Iceblossom. I am not sure if I will be participating yet as I am in the middle of a move and my now meager stash (I gave 99% of my stash to a good friend because I will no longer have room for it) is in storage. .

I have one question about the paint chips. Are these from Lowe's again this year? If yes, which paint line (HGTV, Sherwin Williams, etc) do the numbers correspond to?

Can't wait to see everyone's fabric choices. Seeing how many different fabrics there are is part of the excitement for me.

the paint chips are from the Valspar line at Lowes

joe'smom 11-02-2021 10:57 PM

Oh my goodness, ILoveToQuilt, 99% of your stash! I'm trying to imagine how that would feel.

I broke down in my resolve to wait until the reveal, and bought some yardage today, one fabric per color. What a wimp.