Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-winter-mystery-2021-2022-rhododendron-trail-t316738.html)

joe'smom 02-09-2022 11:32 AM

Wow, great catch! I see it now that you've shown it, but I did not see it earlier. It is so easy not to see when things are wrong.

Iceblossom 02-09-2022 12:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There is nothing like posting a photo to see your mistakes -- or have someone with fresh eyes look :)

My favorite story is that in my Storm at Sea I counted it up and handled each block at least 27 times during construction, and I had the quilt hung in the guild show and no one noticed (or at least no one mentioned) that one of the large 4" squares was inside out... oh well... I did notice it about 5 years later and decided that it fabric had two sides and it was ok to show that side in that block.

Just finished the last seam, picture quality issues (apparently I turned off the flash -- but will still take its portrait at hubby'swork. Here's a quarter of the quilt and one corner -- with slightly better behaving kitties in it!

Sandra-P 02-09-2022 01:22 PM

Well darn, I didnt see it either and was looking for it too. Great eyes Tallchick! I had one like that in the middle and had to fix it so I feel your pain. I love the softness of your colors.

woodland creature 02-09-2022 01:28 PM

SusieQOH and Iceblossom - great to see the finished products. Both are fabulous.

Sandra-P 02-09-2022 01:31 PM

Iceblossom beautiful! I really like the lavender in it along with your pinks. I am loving seeing everyone's quilts.

SusieQOH 02-09-2022 02:02 PM

Iceblossom- your finish is gorgeous!!!!!!
I think I screwed up my geese but I'm leaving them.

Yes, a pair of fresh eyes caught my other mistake too. I'm cross-eyed about now :D

Iceblossom 02-09-2022 02:53 PM

LOL -- so we put the directional arrows the wrong way? I am seriously laughing but am calling it design decision :p

It stays. I know I put the top one on the bottom and on one corner both yellows are the same which is closer than I'd like.

I've always said that I've never had to make a deliberate mistake.... record remains unbroken!

SusieQOH 02-09-2022 05:24 PM

Technically my geese are fine but they aren't like Bonnie's. If I didn't make mistakes my quilts wouldn't be MINE hahaha

Sandra-P 02-09-2022 05:41 PM

SusieQOH, I love your quilt and all the things that make it yours! I dont think it is as much as a mistake as it is artistic license.

audsgirl 02-09-2022 07:30 PM

Iceblossom and SusieQOH, what wonderful quilts! Every one I've seen has been so unique. Each person's personality and design aesthetic shines through. Congratulations to you both.

Leslie