Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-winter-mystery-2021-2022-rhododendron-trail-t316738.html)

Mumto2 02-11-2022 08:12 PM

Stiches23 Such pretty colors and I love the sawtooth star addition. That was a fabulous idea!

joe'smom 02-12-2022 09:04 AM

Stitches23, your RT is beautiful. It has such a different personality in those colors, and the alternate B block looks great!

SusieQOH 02-12-2022 09:12 AM

stitches- that's wonderful!! I love the stars you added and your color choices. Bravo!

toverly 02-12-2022 09:41 AM

Awesome, Stitches23. I love your creative spin on RT. The added stars are perfect.

audsgirl 02-12-2022 08:21 PM

Ooh, I love the blue, Stitches23! It looks wonderful. Congratulations.

Leslie

Iceblossom 02-14-2022 02:10 PM

Love the blue and the stars, Stitches!!

Is so fun to see the ways these come out and what we choose to concentrate on. Haven't gotten a good picture of mine yet, found I got the wrong style of batteries and they get drained pretty much just by setting the date on the camera... Easy enough fix but just haven't done yet.

SusieQOH 02-14-2022 05:43 PM

I'm sending mine out to my longarmer. It's too big for me to handle.

I started an easy Donna Jordan pattern with some batiks. I just needed "mindless" sewing.
My batiks are Hoffman and they smell awful!

Sandra-P 02-14-2022 06:04 PM

SusieQOH, What do your batiks smell like? I have some from Tonga and they do have a scent but it doesnt seem terrible. Well my big plan of doing the quilting on the BH quilt is out the window as well. I sent it to a longarmer in northern Florida. She got the quilt top on Saturday and the backing arrived today. She said she will start on it in a week. I really admire anyone wo does the quilting for others. I dont think I would be brave enough to do so. I am having her pick out the design and thread for it. Will be glad to get it back and bind it the wash it before sending it off to sister.
Stitches! Wow! Your quilt is really something to look at. I love it!

Sherryquilts 02-15-2022 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8536369)
Here's the mistake. Boy, I never saw it!!!

Hi SusieQOH - in the lower left quadrant, is one of the butterflies in the corner of the block not like the others? I think I noticed it because I have to rotate an entire butterfly block....

SusieQOH 02-15-2022 06:46 AM

Sandra- it's a very strong smell but I can't identify it. Maybe the dyes? I'm not usually sensitive to things like that but this one is awful. I also have Tonga which are much better. Is Tonga from Hoffman? I can't remember. Also I noticed the darker colors smell more pungent so I'm thinking the dyes. They've been stored on my open shelf.
Sherry, I don't think so, at least I'm not aware of it! I'll find out, won't I? :D
It was the other block. Someone was nice enough to point it out so I could fix it.