Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

Iceblossom 06-28-2020 10:10 AM

Oh dear, I'm so sorry about the diagnosis but thank you so much for sharing your top. I do love your use of the 30s repos and just love the back!

Onebyone 06-28-2020 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished Unity. I did the first two parts and called it quits.

Sync 06-28-2020 11:09 AM

I like the colors you used for your Unity. I’m still working on my Unity top, part 4 & 5 are almost ready to put on.

KalamaQuilts 06-28-2020 11:39 AM

love those plaids with the lighter florals OnebyOne. I didn't do that one but have enjoyed all the different versions I've seen.

thank you Iceblossom, I expect I'll survive if present leadership doesn't get rid of the Affordable Care Act, my insurance would be $2700 a month if insurers could ramp up rates for preexisting conditions. That is what I was quoted prior to ACA's inception anyway.

Onebyone 06-28-2020 12:38 PM

Thanks. I seldom ask anyone's opinion on my fabric choices but when I showed the three fabrics I was going to use to my sew group they all went uh okay..... and gave each other an eyebrow raise. LOL They are all in the matchy stuff. I go by color value. They all wanted me to finish because they love the combo now. I am just not a small piecer. Nothing matches up but at least I got a nice ottoman quilt.

retiredteacher09 06-28-2020 05:06 PM

KalamaQuilts: My heart goes out to you on your diagnosis. Sending a prayer your way for great treatment and continued affordable insurance. I love your top and back.

Onebyone: Very pretty. I think I stopped after round 5. It went into the church quilting box for them to sandwich, etc.

joe'smom 06-28-2020 05:26 PM

KalamaQ, I'm very sorry for your news. Your frolic is lovely!

Sync, I'm still working on Unity, too; there is a thread for Unity, if you care to post your progress there.

Carol in WI 06-29-2020 07:00 AM

I love your version of Frolic - you are very creative with colors and the backing is great. I am so sorry to hear of the diagnosis and pray for total healing and for the medical staff to have wisdom in the treatment plan.

JeanieG 06-29-2020 10:09 AM

Praying for your recovery Kalama! Love you Frolic, it will be very comforting while going through your coming ordeal! Hugs!!

KalamaQuilts 06-29-2020 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK (Post 8380147)
I am soooooo glad to be finished! Now I need ideas for quilting this thing. I will use my Tiara mid-arm and want a quick overall pattern. Would stippleing be ok?

Terry, bonnie's patterns are so busy, about anything goes. I got mine basted this morning, even stitched leftover battings together, hurrah for an empty shelf. I'm going to use my fall-back, serpentine stitch down all the cross seams. Makes it easy to avoid busy intersections, just hand guiding a little bigger serp :) Finished will be good! October and yardage for the 2020/2021 mystery will be here before we know it!