Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

Carol in WI 12-11-2019 04:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so ready for clue #3 and having a hard time waiting for Friday. I'm using yardage so there isn't a great deal of variety yet.

Queenbarbiej 12-11-2019 05:57 AM

I haven't finished clue one yet or started on two. I have a quilt to finish for Christmas. As soon as I get that done this weekend I will play catch up.

toverly 12-11-2019 05:58 AM

Love everyone's colors. Don't worry about pop Carol in WI, I used yardage last year and with pieces cut this small, they get really scrambled and look wonderful in the end. I'm going scrappy and hope to be able to finish clue 2, this afternoon. I made cool/warm 4 patches and warm/neutral rectangles. All's well so far, the man said as he fell past the 4th floor. Just kidding. Y'all have a great day, headed to WW weigh in this morning. Wish me luck.

SusieQOH 12-11-2019 05:59 AM

Queenbarbiej- this isn't the optimal time of year for the challenge! :D
I'm on schedule at the moment but that's going to change pretty soon.
We'll have lots of time in January!
Carol in WI- your blocks are lovely!!
toverly- good luck! :)

wildyard 12-11-2019 09:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The comfort quilt is finished and off in the mail! I got right on finishing clue 2... I know how some of you feel, so ready for the next clue!! I am going to work on some string blocks I think, while waiting.
Here are my strip sets pressed and ready to cut and then all cut in like stacks of 3 to 5 each variety. I am loving this so far.... as the 4th floor goes by! LOLOL[ATTACH=CONFIG]620815[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]620816[/ATTACH]

Belfrybat 12-11-2019 09:50 AM

Lovely colours in everyone's blocks. Is it about this time into the mystery I re-think my decision to use only one of each colour since the scrappy ones are so wonderful. But later on I will again be happy at choosing only one colour.

toverly 12-11-2019 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620822[/ATTACH] Yeah! I caught up. Amazingly, I only had to trim down the rectangular pieces. I had the correct sizes in my bag of precuts from scraps. Ready for Friday.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-11-2019 03:49 PM

I have finished Clue one and Clue two with my stash Box 1; Quilted twins BH set one, Box 2; and QT Batiks BH set 2 Box Three. I will pictures at a later date. We do have three children, and each can pick and choose later as part of their inheritance, after we live to be 100. (Ha!) Positive thing.

JeanieG 12-11-2019 08:05 PM

Good for you QNS!!! So glad you joined us on this journey this year!

charmednmissouri 12-12-2019 07:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Clue 2 finally completed! [ATTACH=CONFIG]620832[/ATTACH]
Since this was an easy one, I have been trying to finish Christmas presents, so I knew I could spare the time. This wall hanging is from this year's Love of Quilting May/June issue[ATTACH=CONFIG]620835[/ATTACH] I just noticed the left border is wrong! Oh well, I can fix that quickly, as the outer borders must still be sewn on! Oops! :shock: