Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunters-2019-2020-frolic-mystery-t307758.html)

kristijoy 12-13-2019 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your purples are lovely Colorado Quilter! Here's my HST's. I'm changing up the colors....so I almost messed this up...thankfully I caught it before I cut a bunch. I'm making 1/4 of the units double size.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620882[/ATTACH]
(Picture is a bit grainy because I resized it quite a bit.)

WMUTeach 12-13-2019 05:14 PM

Oh, be still my heart. I was just about to save today's Frolic directions and I could not find the file with the first two sets of directions. Silly me. I named the file BH Mystery-Folic but did not put it in the quilt patterns file. Love those HST! finished a project early this fall with nearly 500 of those little dudes. The amount for part 3 sounds easy peasy! :D

I am so jealous of all you who are tootling right along and keeping up. I have not touched my hand quilting project in more than a week and only have one Christmas quilt nearly finished. It is the end of the semester and my students kind of like to have their grades on time. My life is not my own but in a few more days---------Freedom! Then I will dive into the sewing room and at least pick out my fabrics for the BHMQ. I lurk here every day to I can drool over your colors and accomplishments.

armybandvet 12-13-2019 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by waltonalice (Post 8339824)
ArmyBandvet - great neutrals.

Thank you!

armybandvet 12-13-2019 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8339866)
thank you!

is this a step that an accuquilt could be used for? I’ve read it a few times and am not sure how I want to try to tackle it. I’ve got two stockings I have to finish first so plenty of time to read and plan before I’ll be able to start.

I cut my HSTs with the HST die. I almost cut plain squares so I could get bonus triangles but decided not to. I plan to cut solely with the accuquilt as long as I have a die that will work.

joe'smom 12-13-2019 10:22 PM

Kristi, loving your fabrics!

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8339767)
So far the pace has been pretty easy and reasonable, still time for people to join in. I'd say one day to choose your fabrics and one day for each step will still let you get your dinner cooked and other chores done.

I am not that fast. I think this is the first year I've finished clues in 2 days.

For HSTs 2" and under I use paper. The selling point for me is no trimming. I obstinately refuse to trim if I can possibly avoid it. I have my fabric pairs cut and ready to sew tomorrow.

http://quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Half-Square-Triangle.html

Tweety2911 12-14-2019 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful clue 3 Colorado Quilter and Kristi. I love the tan and brown combo.

My clue 3 is all done, now to move onto Christmas stuff. Have a great weekend everyone!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620894[/ATTACH]

Sandra-P 12-14-2019 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8339817)
I found this helpful for making the HST's. I'm going to use my Bloc Loc to trim. I think I'll use 3.5 to be sure.
http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/20...maths-formula/

Thank you Susie for the link. I know I made them like this last year, so much quicker and easier for me.

SusieQOH 12-14-2019 07:19 AM

Your welcome, Sandra-P! I always forget those charts and am glad I found one.

Colorado- I love Thangles! I'm going to look for mine. I have several sizes somewhere in my cave :D Love your blocks
Kristi and Tweety- love your blocks!

Krisb 12-14-2019 07:36 AM

I spent hours yesterday fixing our cable TV, finishing the new shoe bench, read the clue fir this week, pulled fabric, then spent about an hour looking for my Easy Angle ruler without success. Then broke that to talk with our handyman/painter about finishing the carport. He decided he wanted to also paint some of the skirting because “it just doesn’t look good”, the hose stand, take down the old TV antenna, and he found some trim that was missed the first time. So today it’s off to buy paint, which will bring me within a block of JAF, so of course I will get another Easy Angle—with a 40% coupon. All the strips are cut, so Clue 3 should be done by tonight. Only doing half.

Iceblossom 12-14-2019 09:10 AM

Just got done pressing my units for this week. I'm feeling really good about my "school bus yellow" instead of neutral, I think it was the right way to go with the rest of the fabrics. I did manage to sew two blues to one yellow which I didn't catch until pressing. Didn't notice it in the count so much because I did accidentally make too many yellows.

Part of me really wants to trim down those units and get it done already, but if I do that, then I won't have anything ready to take to my Tuesday group, so they are sitting there until then.

Hubby still sleeping in, going to trim the edges of my other project so I can put the border on and then wake him up and make him go on a walk with me and the dog or something... I need to layout the top on the bed so I can make some decisions about the border treatment.