Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Build a quilt around a central character you design (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/build-quilt-around-central-character-you-design-t194381.html)

vickig626 08-09-2012 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5427950)
Works4Me - Im sure I heard Frankie grunting.... LOL :) and only reason I get so much done is I don't have to spread myself around between work commitments and cleaning and cooking. So I have an unfair advantage, but I'm not complaining. :) A day of quilting is always a good day. :thumbup:

QuiltE - Hmmm, Wonder Woman? Nope not my style. :) Way too flashy. And why does she have to run around in a bathing suit and thigh boots. Really the chick needs some clothes on in my Humble Opinion. :D :D :D

Vickig626 - Have you ever tried using the fabric crayons? I've seen some really awesome quilts made with them. Then you could trace the monsters on to the fabric and color them in. It's definitely a technique I want to try down the line.

Charlottemarie - I have to tell you that I'm enjoying Toby and his adventures the most. I look forward to hearing more as you continue to build on your story quilt. You have created a very original special project quilt. Now that, is imagination at its best.

Crayons is a thought. Will have to think about it once I get the TARDIS done.

clsurz 08-10-2012 01:47 PM

D'adhérer ou de ne pas adhérer !

charlottemarie 08-10-2012 04:11 PM

Thank you for your kind comments, I love all your blocks as well.

Jenniky 08-11-2012 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]354991[/ATTACH]

The Next Monster Inc. evolves.... ;)

Beth33 08-12-2012 06:59 AM

Since there is no specific due date involved, I'm very tempted to join. I have been planning a Star Trek character for my brother.

Is there a size requirement? Would approx 52 x 52 be ok?
Also, I return to school August 2013, may not finish by then. OK?

charlottemarie 08-12-2012 07:15 AM

Love that Monster, love orange!

QuiltE 08-12-2012 06:11 PM

You're a motoring, Jenniky!
Great sketch ... and now can;t wait to see what you do next!

Jenniky 08-13-2012 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Beth33 (Post 5435382)
Since there is no specific due date involved, I'm very tempted to join. I have been planning a Star Trek character for my brother.

Is there a size requirement? Would approx 52 x 52 be ok?
Also, I return to school August 2013, may not finish by then. OK?

Hi Beth, Our Host has been tremendously busy with work commitments at the moment. So I'm gonna try and pinch hit for her and reply to your question.

There is no size requirements on this project. The project is yours to design completely. The challenge is just that the quilt be designed around a central character. The spacecraft, USS Enterprise -1077 is in my Humble Opinion definitely a entity in itself. LOL So you could use it as your central character and then add blocks in of the different crew members.. and don't forget the Trebals, LOL lots and lots of them multiplied. My DH is a Star Trek fan so I will be very interested in following your progress. There is no time limit. It is an ongoing challenge. :thumbup:

vickig626 08-13-2012 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5437388)
Hi Beth, Our Host has been tremendously busy with work commitments at the moment. So I'm gonna try and pinch hit for her and reply to your question.

There is no size requirements on this project. The project is yours to design completely. The challenge is just that the quilt be designed around a central character. The spacecraft, USS Enterprise -1077 is in my Humble Opinion definitely a entity in itself. LOL So you could use it as your central character and then add blocks in of the different crew members.. and don't forget the Trebals, LOL lots and lots of them multiplied. My DH is a Star Trek fan so I will be very interested in following your progress. There is no time limit. It is an ongoing challenge. :thumbup:

I love Star Trek - huge fan of the original and The Trouble with Tribbles is my favorite episode. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

works4me 08-13-2012 03:05 PM

Love your new monster Jenniky. And thanks for pinch-hitting for me.

Welcome Beth33 - As Jenniky stated there is no size nor date requirement. Have fun and amaze us all with your creativity. A Star Trek quilt sounds like a great idea. We'll be here to cheer you on.

I'm making great progress on my custom glass order so took a little Franky time last night. Franky now has shoes and ankles. :D I plan to put up a photo tomorrow. All those 1 1/2 inch squares are sure going to keep me busy.