Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

mirabelle 05-18-2013 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6071013)
Karen ... that is gorgeous!!! I love the way the zipper is set and the vertical inside panel up the center back. Looks ... difficult :)

DHM this is not a difficult little bag to make just have to pin very carefully when attaching the lid and base, the rest is pretty straight forward. The pattern is from a book called Fabulous Fat Quarter Bags and it is called a Mini Pochette, I made mine a little larger to fit all my stuff in and I used extra stiff wadding so it won't collapse

DogHouseMom 05-18-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6071157)
PP is no tricky math, just print 1 extra sheet and use that as templates. I always do that with complicated PP designs. Saves time, fabric and hair :D

Brilliant!!!

Honchey 05-18-2013 06:36 PM

Karen, there is more than one book by that name that comes up on ebay or amazon.. who is the author??? I also would like that book...

I now know what I'm going to make with the FFC fabric....Finally!!!

mirabelle 05-19-2013 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anne I answered on the other thread but I will also answer here, I have attached a photo of the book cover so you can see what you are looking for..

heather1949 05-19-2013 03:33 AM

What a great idea well done.

gardnergal970 05-19-2013 04:46 AM

QuiltE....the local farmers have already made some of the sweetest hay of the season and it didn't get rained on either.
My FFC is still waiting for action although I know what I want to do. Other things keep popping up and I get distracted. I'll probably be in the caboose for this ride.

QuiltE 05-19-2013 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6072399)
QuiltE....the local farmers have already made some of the sweetest hay of the season and it didn't get rained on either.
My FFC is still waiting for action although I know what I want to do. Other things keep popping up and I get distracted. I'll probably be in the caboose for this ride.

Being in the south, your hay is so much earlier than ours! Early cuts are never til the end of May or early June, and that's more likely for haylage. Dry hay, mid June.

There's no rush on the FFC ... I'll be with you in the caboose, as I can't move on with mine til I have all the little ones back home again! :) I did draw it out on paper and then can get into action. Actually, guess I could do some pre-cutting, thoough probably won't, just in case a different idea comes. Never like to be locked in!! :D

Honchey 05-19-2013 05:20 AM

Mirabelle, I just bought the book on Ebay....very reasonable price $.

I'm going to make something I taught a class on...It's very easy, cute and very functional and I need another one...I'll be customizing it with some embroidery...it's time I put my Diamond thru it's paces...I think I used it once in 3 yrs!!!..

oksewglad 05-19-2013 08:47 AM

mumbling to herself---okay I had that siggy block here somewhere--maybe piled under that stack of bills that're going to get paid today. Keep digging......

fred singer 05-19-2013 08:55 AM

very nicely done on your items you made.