Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

DogHouseMom 06-03-2013 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished another block with my FQ tonight. I wanted (NEEDED!) a large rectangle block for one of my mixed size sampler (the previously abandoned "Just Takes Two"). Have any of you ever tried to find rectangle blocks?? Well .. I failed so I made one in EQ7. Here's my 15X9 block.

And I STILL have a 10" square of the FQ left!!

QuiltE 06-03-2013 06:23 PM

DHMom ... that's lovely!! I say you've done a great job of designing a block. Now I want to see it with its "friends"!!! :) And to think you still have a 10" sq remaining ... so what's next? :D

DogHouseMom 06-03-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6102592)
DHMom ... that's lovely!! I say you've done a great job of designing a block. Now I want to see it with its "friends"!!! :) And to think you still have a 10" sq remaining ... so what's next? :D

Well ... there is the other vertical 15x9 block that I'm designing and I want to save some of the FQ for the flowers in the center. This one is needle turn applique and has a narrow 1/4" fabric symmetrical viney border which needs to be 1 continuous piece of fabric. The only way I'm going to accomplish that is to use a 15x9 applique fabric and cut the 'vine' out of it. I did a small practice piece over the weekend, got the center edges sewn and most of the outer edges ... so it can be done. I'm new at needle turn and other than discovering that I can sew an applique "donut" (with curves and points), is that I need more practice at needle turn.

Then there is the part of me that is saying "screw it ... you have fusible ... use it!".

Will see.

But for now, consider me DONE with your 'assignment'. But I want to hang around to see all the other projects.

BTW .. have you fed my dog lately??

oksewglad 06-03-2013 08:49 PM

DHM--necessity is the mother of invention. That's why I like EQ, too! Now for that surprise 50th wedding anniversary party for my QuiltBuddy on Sunday, I' will have to see what I can come up with.

Anael 06-03-2013 11:15 PM

DHM, I use EQ for those blocks too! And I hate needle turn so I fuse everything that needs to be appliqued :D

QuiltE, I will never mention again you replied to me within 4 days

oksewglad 06-04-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6102876)
DHM, I use EQ for those blocks too! And I hate needle turn so I fuse everything that needs to be appliqued :D

QuiltE, I will never mention again you replied to me within 4 days

I'm glad you are so subtle Anael!!! No one will catch on.:D

QuiltE 06-05-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 6102635)
................ But for now, consider me DONE with your 'assignment'. But I want to hang around to see all the other projects.

BTW .. have you fed my dog lately??

Oh your other plans sound absolutely wonderful! Be sure to post them to this thread, when you do them ..... no matter when!

And YES, you'd better stick around!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doggy is doing fine ... though eating me out of house and home! :)

OKSGlad ... yup Anael is subtle! geeeeeeesh! :D I apologize to you OKSG for all your late (or not answered) email replies!

Anael ... You're still in my good books despite ...........!!!! :D

Anael 06-05-2013 11:34 PM

:D I bribed you before I pulled this one off :D I promise, I won't do it again.......:cool:

DogHouseMom 06-06-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6106340)
I apologize to you OKSG for all your late (or not answered) email replies!

Speaking of which ... QuiltE is certainly capable of letting e-mails "ripen" a bit, but I must admit I am guilty of taking it a step further and letting them "ferment".

Yes QuiltE ... I know there is an e-mail in my in-box that I spied 3 or 4 days ago and said "I'll tackle that later". Mea Culpa.

Jenniky 06-06-2013 03:57 PM

Love the purse JeanieG :thumbup:
Hello and Hello the Sun is shining and its really really hot here in the desert. :D I think I can finally say Im feeling physically recovered from my trip. I am still trying to get my quilting area under control after the trip to Indiana to bring my huge fabric collection and all of my sewing/craft equipment etc. to AZ.

Will get my progress pictures up soonish and my square in the mail to you QuiltE soon as I come across which box I put the fabric markers in. :D

Hugs all,

Jen