Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

QuiltE 09-14-2013 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 6292277)
ha ha ha....well it`s been a cold September so been working on different projects....I think this DJ thing will be quite the challenge......I will use my fat quarter at different places in the quilt...and don`t worry , I`m sure you`ll catch up...lol not sure how big I`ll make it....lol.....heading your way next week....sure hope it is a bit warmer than up here...lol

............ and it's ony 2 flippin' degrees out there this morn! :(
How about up your way?
I'll hope for a heat wave for you, to come south and warm up a little.

Better plan some DJ stash building FARTs while you are down here!
Will this be your first Lens trip?

huntannette 09-14-2013 05:11 AM

yikes! lol well thy were predicting frost overnight but it didn`t come but darn close...lol so about that same as down your way....just doesn`t get quite as warm during the day....dang summer was short....yes ....first time at Len`s ...planning to hit a few....I already have quite a stash, but always room for more...he he he......

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6292559)
............ and it's ony 2 flippin' degrees out there this morn! :(
How about up your way?
I'll hope for a heat wave for you, to come south and warm up a little.

Better plan some DJ stash building FARTs while you are down here!
Will this be your first Lens trip?

alisonquilts 09-14-2013 05:33 AM

huntannette - 4 1/2 inches?!!? 40 pieces? *puts hand to forehead and sways slightly* Yikes!! But what a pretty block! Do all the DJ blocks have that many pieces? Are any of them easy?

QuiltE - 2 degrees C?! Already?!? And I thought our plunge to 15C last night was epic... *chuckles cruelly*

Alison

huntannette 09-14-2013 05:39 AM

in the DJ there are easier patterns....some appliques, pieced and this one was pp and I think it is one of the harder ones...lol yes, some will be quite challenging....

Originally Posted by alisonquilts (Post 6292797)
huntannette - 4 1/2 inches?!!? 40 pieces? *puts hand to forehead and sways slightly* Yikes!! But what a pretty block! Do all the DJ blocks have that many pieces? Are any of them easy?

QuiltE - 2 degrees C?! Already?!? And I thought our plunge to 15C last night was epic... *chuckles cruelly*

Alison

Anael 09-14-2013 05:39 AM

Great Jane block Huntannette!

Alisonquilts, no not all the blocks have that many pieces and yes, there are easy ones too. Even very easy ones :)

QuiltE, 2 C ......whaaaaaaaa that's really cold!

QuiltE 09-15-2013 06:38 AM

HuntAnnette ... will email you and save boring the rest here about Lens and the like! :) Granted AlisonQ would understand our chatter!!

AlisonQ ... yeppirrrrr, it was 2C ... better check on your parentals!!! How be you join us as a Janiac Maniac????? :) My plans are not to get at it til after I'm ready for Christmas, so at the latest during the holidays. Then I will not be pressuring myself on progress or a deadline. It'll be a "whenIfeellikeit" project. Sometimes more ... sometimes not at all! Meanwhile, I have the software, have ordered the book and template ... and will have my colour scheme and fabrics decided before then too, with the thought that I will be ready to roll, when I start! (no excuses!)

huntannette 09-15-2013 12:45 PM

well I finished my third DJ block...just curious to see how many I can make using the FFC fabric.....;)

QuiltE 09-15-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 6295511)
well I finished my third DJ block...just curious to see how many I can make using the FFC fabric.....;)

Hip Hip Hooray ....
Though you do need to show us all three ... we need proof!!!! :D:D:D:D

After all, they are all part of your FFC project, so they need to be registered on this thread! :)

huntannette 09-15-2013 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well by the time I saw you note I was up to four.....so voila....photo not too good, I really hate my new camera.....

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6295595)
Hip Hip Hooray ....
Though you do need to show us all three ... we need proof!!!! :D:D:D:D

After all, they are all part of your FFC project, so they need to be registered on this thread! :)

Honchey 09-15-2013 09:03 PM

DJ-FCC blocks are oh so nice...It makes me want to get my book & start printing out more patterns...:)