Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ffc-one-fq-sew-much-creativity-q-c-t221233.html)

deranged_damsel 01-11-2014 12:41 PM

Im sorry QuiltE! my evil side just couldnt help teasing you a little! :D :D :D

QuiltE 01-11-2014 12:53 PM

Wish I could pick out the "One Line" ............
♪♪♫http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk♫♪♪
.............. so you're all going to have to listen and find it!!!

ENJOY your trip down memory lane, Ladies!

Of course, AlisonQ and CarrieM are far too young to remember this!!! :)
OOPS ... better not forget to add the infamous DDamsel to these young'uns! :D:D:D

AlisonQ ... how are the parentals "enjoying" this fine winter? Any plans to come north to check on them?

carriem 01-11-2014 01:23 PM

QE--I may be young, but after clicking on the link I knew the song right away. :) Ironically we are listening to the "solid gold oldies" on the tv right now. LOL DH and I enjoy "oldies" up through about the 80s then just tolerate it.

QuiltE 01-11-2014 01:46 PM

I just think it's a fun song!
and thought everyone could have some fun with it too.

Some of those oldies, were classics ... and of course, you probably grew up with them, thanks to your parents. I know a lot of the post-war songs, all because of parental influences! The 50s songs because my oldest sis was in her teen prime at the time!

Annz 01-11-2014 01:49 PM

Interesting.

alisonquilts 01-11-2014 02:48 PM

Ooooh! I like it! Too bad QuiltE hasn't seen it yet...

Yes, QE, I actually should be up there in the GWN this very minute, but my flight earlier this week was cancelled (which I found out after driving the two hours to the airport - they hadn't updated their website when I checked five minutes before walking out the door to my car) because of Buffalo Airport's lake effect snow windfall. Since they couldn't put me on a plane for at least two days, I decided to bag it and try again next month. Parents are hunkered down, and doing fine!

Alison

QuiltE 01-11-2014 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by alisonquilts (Post 6507280)
Ooooh! I like it! Too bad QuiltE hasn't seen it yet...

Yes, QE, I actually should be up there in the GWN this very minute, but my flight earlier this week was cancelled (which I found out after driving the two hours to the airport - they hadn't updated their website when I checked five minutes before walking out the door to my car) because of Buffalo Airport's lake effect snow windfall. Since they couldn't put me on a plane for at least two days, I decided to bag it and try again next month. Parents are hunkered down, and doing fine!

Alison

Yes, quite the dilemma ... my sister was due to fly back on Tuesday to Florida after coming back for Christmas. I haven't yet heard what happened with her flights. Though being right in the midst of all the problems, I am sure it affected her plans. I know she will not be a very happy camper as missing one minute of her beloved Florida sunshine creates big drama! (not sure why she comes home if it's that disastrous!) Let me know when you come ... and perhaps we can meet in the fabric aisles! :D

Anael 01-12-2014 12:35 AM

Alison, that's the spirit :D :D :D
QuiltE, here it's Sunday so just one more day. For you a bit longer :P

solstice3 01-12-2014 05:59 AM

I love it. Wouldn't it make a lovely family tree

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6058112)
Thank you for such a great idea QuiltE.

I was completely lost for ideas until I went through my craft folder on the computer. There was a design I had wanted to make for a while and this seemed the perfect time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412873[/ATTACH]
This is my friendship tree. It is fused and ready for me to hand applique.

huntannette 01-12-2014 09:21 AM

LOL No I`m not frozen up.....I`m a Northerner , so I am used to the cold...although this year has been extra cold.....I have just been busy and haven`t even looked at my DJ blocks....I have this one scrappy I am making and it is taking me way too long to finish....but I`m stubborn so.....nothing will get done till I finish it....but I will try and come around once in awhile to see how all you ladies are doing.....Happy New Year everyone!!!

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6494795)
She might be frozen up ...... further north and a LOT more snow and a LOT lower temps than me!
So maybe that means that she is sewing like crazy .... what else is there to do, HuntAnnette? :D IT could also be that she has been busy with her family for the holidays. Kids do not go back to school til tomorrow/Monday 6th.

HuntAnnette ...
Me too ... I'd really like to see your FFC DJ family!!!! And of course, any other DJs you have done. Guess what? I have 15 done now!