Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   "Fun on the Farm" Free BOM from Eleanor Burns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/fun-farm-free-bom-eleanor-burns-t298654.html)

lawsonmugs 09-24-2018 08:06 AM

Thanks Teen. I really appreciate everyone's help. Went to my grand-daughters wedding this weekend and I'm still tired. Maybe I can try tomorrow. MizGoodie love he hexi flower center.

retiredteacher09 09-24-2018 02:59 PM

Mizgoodie: Your pig put a smile on my face. So cute! I like your sunflower and the use of ric rack.

Teen 09-24-2018 03:35 PM

Darling blocks, mizgoodie! I love the fucia colors I piggy....and very creative hexi in sunflower. Nice touch!

AnngelAnne 09-25-2018 04:16 AM

Love both blocks for everyone, so much talent.

Mizgoodie 09-25-2018 05:55 AM

The hexi was a leftover block from a previous quilt and I thought, why not! Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Jannie 09-25-2018 05:30 PM

I like how everyone has put their own personality into their blocks. I have trouble not following the pattern exactly so this gives me ideas and permission to be myself.

Murphy224 09-27-2018 01:05 PM

Hi "farmers"!!! Is anybody doing quilt as you go with these blocks? I finished the little pig and just appliqued it down on my background using stabilizer to keep things smooth and pucker free. So was finishing the sunflowers and decided I should just go ahead and put the batting down and applique with the batting behind it. began thinking this is missing something, so I called a friend and she asked what kind of backing was I using. Duh! forgot about the backing so now got to back up and make another decision. What should I use for the backing of these blocks? I definitely have enough in my stash to use all one color for backing but I can also use a different backing for each block, kinda tied to the main block, sunflowers to the sunflowers, some pink floral for the pig, etc. I think it will be a reversible kind of scrappy once the sashing is added and become another whole quilt. The sashing will be a neutral either black, gray, white...something in that realm.
Am I on the right track or have I overlooked something??? Thank goodness I am only 2 blocks in and can maybe get it right before I get too far along.
Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Murphy
Only 3 more days before the next block and I am trying to keep up....:confused::confused::confused:

NZquilter 09-28-2018 10:26 AM

I love your hexie center, Mizgoodie! It adds movement and so much creativity.

Murphy, I started with every intention of doing this one as a QAYG, but so far haven't started. It's a technic I've been wanting to try for some time and I think this quilt is a great one to start on.

Next block will be coming out on Monday! Wow, September flew by.

Teen 09-28-2018 10:45 AM

Murphy..I changed the layout on this quilt or I would be trying QAYG, too, like NZ. I believe Judith is, tho. She's a marvel..

I looked today to see if new block posted early like Sept, but no such luck...dang....

WANNABEE 09-28-2018 10:50 AM

I looked too, Teen. Maybe tomorrow.