Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

joe'smom 01-06-2015 11:14 AM

:D

We actually named our son 'Josiah' (my husband's desire). Joe wasn't very old before he informed us his name was Joe. :D

quilt addict 01-06-2015 11:25 AM

I'm enjoying seeing all the renditions. I have decided to do one quilt in a 4 x 3 block layout and it is 80% put together and have started to piece the border blocks together. I hope to post a picture this week. I will use the remaining blocks to make a smaller cuddle quilt to donate. Not sure what it will end up but probably 2 x 3 blocks so may have to make a wider border and don't think I have enough of those blocks made up to do two.

Emma S 01-06-2015 11:37 AM

SewBiz: I so agree. The pictures Bonnie shared of the interior of the hotel, specially the dining room, look exactly like the colors she chose. Somewhere somebody mentioned that it looked like the island on a windy day, I think that fits too. For two years running I have gone with Bonnie's design and colors and changed nothing. I several reasons; using stash (all her quilts that I have done are 100% stash), she always makes me think of color in a different way and they are always just down right fun. None of my family have seen GI yet kind of curious about their reactions.

sewbizgirl 01-06-2015 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 7033743)
People with a complaint are far more likely to voice it than someone who is happy. Applies to restaurants, shops, whatever.

I guess so. I hadn't read this thread since the reveal, as I was out of town without my computer. I was so surprised to find all the negativity and even nasty comments-- especially after this thread trashed the FB group for their negativity, earlier on. I think the quilt is amazing... something I'd certainly never come up with on my own.

michelleoc 01-06-2015 12:39 PM

Rocki - love the fabrics you chose. Very soothing.

QuiltnNan 01-06-2015 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by char7439 (Post 7032083)
I would like to post picture of my rendition of the quilt ,but I don't have the tree. Can any one help?

if anyone does not have the tree icon, go to settings/general settings. scroll way down and choose WYSIWYG. be sure to save your changes.

QuiltnNan 01-06-2015 01:50 PM

If anyone has noticed that the Facebook picture copies are gone... copying and reposting pictures from Facebook or anywhere else is a copyright violation. Please stop doing this. If the picture is not yours, do not post it here. If you can use a link to the picture, that is OK... except Facebook because links to sites that require signup are not permitted here. Thank you

joe'smom 01-06-2015 02:15 PM

I think I probably contributed to the Facebook photos being copied here (didn't do so myself) because I kept mentioning things I'd seen there, which no doubt made other people curious. I will refrain from mentioning Facebook postings here from now on.

Windblown 01-06-2015 02:30 PM

I will not mention FB either I did not know they were a no no.

whitepine 01-06-2015 02:37 PM

A gentle reminder about copyright never hurts. It's so readily available that it's pretty easy to forget. But we can always include the links so it's easy for someone else to go there. Let's pick up our brightly colored pieces and sew on.