Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

thimblebug6000 11-27-2014 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6939204)
SunlitenSmiles - here is a video from Bonnie's website on using the Easy Angle Ruler:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/videos.html

Thanks for the link, she makes it look so easy. I've borrowed the small ruler from a friend to see if I like it.

Windblown 11-27-2014 10:12 AM

I love your B/W dragonfly fabric. I'm using some too except mine is lavender :D

Originally Posted by Wavewatcher (Post 6985517)
Fabric at the ready...this will get things started.[ATTACH=CONFIG]500277[/ATTACH]

KalamaQuilts 11-27-2014 11:02 AM

all that window space above w/my 404 is actually living/front/parlor room. Probably not many of you would be willing to turn your room into a stitching space :)
I had my mother with us for a year (89 w/late stage dementia) and all her stuff filled the room. Once she was moved I had a large room with nothing in it but my dining table (which we do use). But full of high stress memories.

So I set the room up as an alternate sewing room, and spend all the mornings I can with a cosy fire and books on tape and I'm slowly returning the room to mine, where I can be with a peaceful heart.
I'm listening to some of the Red Wall stories, with little creatures that live big lives, lovely stories.

Pizza for our holiday dinner today. Home made, yum yum!

Windblown 11-27-2014 11:07 AM

I will be sewing with my Singer 301 Longbed. I might try treadling a few pieces too:)
Kalama I know the feeling of needing to change the feeling and memories of a room, You got great idea of changing to a quilting room.

AngeliaNR 11-27-2014 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 6986247)
all that window space above w/my 404 is actually living/front/parlor room. Probably not many of you would be willing to turn your room into a stitching space :)
I had my mother with us for a year (89 w/late stage dementia) and all her stuff filled the room. Once she was moved I had a large room with nothing in it but my dining table (which we do use). But full of high stress memories.

So I set the room up as an alternate sewing room, and spend all the mornings I can with a cosy fire and books on tape and I'm slowly returning the room to mine, where I can be with a peaceful heart.
I'm listening to some of the Red Wall stories, with little creatures that live big lives, lovely stories.

Pizza for our holiday dinner today. Home made, yum yum!

I love the Redwall books!

sewbizgirl 11-27-2014 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Josie Passell (Post 6986045)
Time to clear the cutting table, change the rotary cutter blade, chose a sewing machine and bake some muffins for sustenance.
Happy Thanksgiving

What a great plan!

Happy Thanksgiving, to all of us Americans.

happylab 11-27-2014 01:04 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all! If you are celebrating or not have a happy Thanksgiving Day!!!!

Tomorrow is the big day... I can hardly wait.... Less than 24 hours now. Yea!!!!

quiltsRfun 11-27-2014 02:15 PM

Time for me to get my fabric starched and pressed.

HouseDragon 11-27-2014 05:18 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating both here and abroad.

Over here in the middle of nowhere, everything is waiting to be popped into the oven as the guests start arriving in another hour. I am thankful for good weather, wonderful friends, and nearby family. And I'm grateful that we were able to visit our DD and her family on the mainland in August.

Warm wishes for health and safety for all board members and their families.

Have fun tomorrow on the first day of Bonnie's 2014 Mystery Quilt!!!!!

benndm 11-27-2014 07:04 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I've had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my son's home with lots of family and friends.
I will have to wait till Friday afternoon to get my first clue. I have to be at work at Wal-Mart at 5:30am.