Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

jeank 11-29-2014 05:35 AM

If you are making the MQ and live in Pinellas County FL, PM me. we are going to be meeting up and sewing together.

Emma S 11-29-2014 05:53 AM

Jean: So wish I could join you, sounds like fun.

lfstamper 11-29-2014 05:53 AM

Scrappy ? I have HST made with various pinks and aqua. Would you make sure each broken dish block uses the same HST or just grab and sew? Hope thiz makes sense. Fun reading everyone's posts!

susiequilt 11-29-2014 06:30 AM

Just grab and sew! fraew post #625 above. "@whitepine: for mystery scrappies I make sure that I cut up a little of everything for each clue and mix them up as I piece so that it's scrappy as I go. When everything is done and ready to lay out, I do my best to spread things around. Hope that helps."
Great advise.

joe'smom 11-29-2014 07:55 AM

I find that I'm loving the units made with perky, busier fabrics (shown on the facebook page). Unfortunately, my fabrics are mostly blenders. Seeing all the photos is a great way to learn about one's own preferences, without doing any work, LOL.

It will be awhile before I have pictures to post. I should be able to finish up a non-quilting chore today that's been taking most of my time, and then I can start in earnest. I've made one HST unit, and cut one strip, so as to try out the ruler. I really like it! (I forgot to try cutting 4 layers at once, as Bonnie showed in the Easy Angle video).

Tweety2911 11-29-2014 08:47 AM

Sewed all my HST on a paper form that was online. Sadly not all HST are even and I have to trim most of them, GRRRRRR! I made up a few Broken Dishes and am loving the happy colors!

dianeinsterling 11-29-2014 08:51 AM

I tried the Easy Angle ruler for the first time also and I really love it....no trimming later and no waste. They all came out pretty perfect!!:)

sewbizgirl 11-29-2014 12:33 PM

I haven't been able to start yet but I'm dying to! Hope you all will start posting pics of what you have done...

Nilla 11-29-2014 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6988368)
I haven't been able to start yet but I'm dying to! Hope you all will start posting pics of what you have done...

Same here. I got slowed down on another project, but it's finally finished so hopefully I'll get started on the MQ tomorrow or Monday.

SuziSew 11-29-2014 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been following along and debating if I should try or not. I've never done a MQ but I've read a bunch of the threads, seen how much fun everyone has so what the heck...I'll give it a try!

I finally dug through my stash and found most of the colors recommended but most of the pinks I have weren't even close so I went and picked up some fat quarters that I thought would work. Here is what I came up with, let me know if you see something that looks off
Thanks!
Sue
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500532[/ATTACH]