Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/grand-illusion-bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-2014-a-t255071.html)

chickadee_42us 10-15-2014 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6928839)
Here are the fabrics I have collected for the quilt. I have a ton more blacks and neutrals I can pull from, if needed.

If anyone 'sees' anything glaringly wrong, please tell me.

Great choices.

chickadee_42us 10-15-2014 05:59 PM

I'll be playing along too. Come on November - wait - oh yeah, that's Thanksgiving too, meaning family time!

mimiknoxtaylor 10-17-2014 02:09 AM

I went by my local Lowes yesterday to get the paint cards & the pink & turquoise were out. Must be a lot of quilters in Snellville preparing to do this mystery!

SunlitenSmiles 10-17-2014 06:36 AM

Have the paint chips.....two different Lowes, lol ...............but have them all, now to shop the stash.
seems like just looking this over and have been bitten by the bug.

quilt addict 10-17-2014 12:53 PM

I am torn about doing this mystery. I have not finished Celtic Solstise from last year, just need to add the borders but it is in the UFO pile. Also took a class with Bonnie on Wednesday so have Winston Ways to finish. Was able to complete one block in an all day class.

I am thinking I may stick with her colors this year if I have enough in my stash, want to stay on the no buying moritorium. I am really busy and don't need another UFO but going to stop by Lowes today and see if I can get the paint chips. I have never done it this way before but like the colors.

SunlitenSmiles 10-17-2014 01:11 PM

Burbank Lowes has them....Northridge is missing the 5008-10

Caroline S 10-17-2014 01:21 PM

Come on, join the club Quiltadict. My Celtic Solstice is under the needle of my Sweet 16, waiting for me to quilt it. At least I have gotten that far with it, LOL. My goal is to finish a doll quiltand catch up on two mystery quilts before the November 15th first cutting clue. I even stocked up on zip lock bags for the clues.

SunlitenSmiles 10-17-2014 04:22 PM

zip-lock bags.................gulp..................the pieces are that small ? ? ?

Podunk Princess 10-17-2014 05:23 PM

Lisa, I know just how you are feeling. I've decided to do this year's mystery even though I'm going to be taking 3 classes with Bonnie next week in Texas (read this as starting 3 new quilts) and then the mystery quilt will start up next month giving me a 4th quilt to work on. Guess all that sewing will keep me from getting into any mischief during the holiday season!

nancysp 10-17-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6929615)
The chips are Valspar, Suz. You could call ahead and ask your store if they carry Valspar... If not, Lowes does.

I would never have thought to plan a quilt using paint chips, but it's kind of genius! Really helps when going through your stash or taking them to the fabric store.

My local Ace Hardware carries Valspar, but none of the numbers match. Guessing that this is a special line that only Lowes carries. Although my Ace had many chips in all these colors, I couldn't find a yellow that seemed close. I printed the pattern in color and it looks pretty good so that's what I'll be using. Nearest Lowes is an hour away and I'm afraid that store may be out after hearing others comments.