Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

QuiltE 08-08-2012 05:23 AM

Thanks for reminding me Jenniky ...........

Muv .... I think I was focused on the "blame" for your staying up late and watching the Os!!! :D And forgot to comment on how grand your Scots Pine debut is. Looks very intricate, lots of little strips there. And me too, wondering how the cones are going to come to life!

BTW and what should I accept blame for last night? :)

dublb 08-08-2012 10:24 AM

That's very interestin' Muv! I can't see how it's gonna be, but I know that with you it will be beautiful. I'm lookin' forward ta seein' your finished product.:)

Muv 08-11-2012 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness Jenniky, there is so much going on on the QAYG thread, you have been so busy! I'm not ready to dive in there yet, still plodding on with these blocks...

The pine cones are ready for the blanket stitch, and I have started on the last but one block, which is oak leaves and acorns for England. We are going away on Monday for ten days to stay with my husband's relatives, so I am taking the Scots pine and oak panels with me to do the blanket stitch while we are away. Then when I come back I am going to have to work out what I am going to do for the central panel...

Jenniky 08-11-2012 12:21 PM

Muv those Pine Cones look awesome. I want to copy them for a Christmas quilt...LOL. I like to hang real pine cones on my fake Christmas tree as Decorations. I have collected a few special ones from various trips and adventures. I usually have them displayed all year long but move them onto the tree at Christmas time. Those pine cones are so clever. I never expected the way you did it. I was figuring you would have a lot of small turns as you made individual pine cone fins as I call them. Those pine cones look so do able. I am impressed.

You have a safe trip on your visit and enjoy have fun and will look forward to seeing your Finished Pinecones,Acorns, and Oak Leaves when you return. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Liz92B 08-11-2012 12:27 PM

Scotch Pines

muv, I've always loved Scotch Pines - I might "borrow" your quilt as inspiration!!

dublb 08-12-2012 04:59 PM

Muv! They are just darlin'! I love how ya did the pine cone fins! I wouldn't have figured that out! I hope ya have a great trip.

QuiltE 08-12-2012 06:08 PM

Spectacular Muv ... great replication of the pine cones. And now oak leaves and acorns to come too! :) Have a good trip ... and I hope you get some sewing time being that you are going prepared! Your quilt is going to have quite an International Travel Story of its own. I bet it would like to you to bring it to Canada to work on it!!! :D

works4me 08-13-2012 02:57 PM

Fabulous Muv. I'm looking forward to seeing even more. :)

Muv 08-17-2012 04:28 AM

Hello Everyone,

It's a rainy day in Southern Poland and I'm having a little play on my bro-in-law's computer. The pine cones are now finished, and I have started doing the blanket stitch on the oak leaves and acorns.

So far I have done hand stitching for this quilt in four different countries. England, Spain, Poland and ... A couple of days ago we drove from my bro-in-law's place (he's an English Pole) to stay with my husband's cousin (a Polish Pole). We are only a few miles from the border with the Czech Republic and took a detour there to visit a shop. I made sure I had my sewing handy and did five or six stitches in the Czech Republic just for the fun of it.

Hope you are all well!

gardnergal970 08-17-2012 04:34 AM

Muv...truly an international quilt! Looking forward to seeing your handy work.