Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

dublb 11-22-2012 10:28 AM

Oh I didn't see this till today.
Jenniky - {Huggs} Don't worry about it she didn't know what she was talking about.
FmHall - The phrase is very sarcastic. It means the opposite. All the food represents how much we have been blessed & brings us together for Thanksgiving. The phrase also points out that all the shopping afterword is encroaching on our Holiday. Please think before ya post things like this.

works4me 11-22-2012 02:44 PM

A safe and happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in the USA. I hope you get to spend time with those who are important to you, or at least are able to be in touch with them.

Muv 11-23-2012 11:43 AM

Happy late Thanksgiving to all the ladies in the USA. I hope you all had a lovely time.

It was just Thursday here, and far from being a glorious autumn day. We are getting nothing but torrential rain with floods in many parts of the country.

Anyway, the free motion quilting has started. If you want a sneak preview of the border of THE quilt, I have put up a FMQ video today on Youtube.

Jenniky, I hope to get a good look at the your QAYG thread as soon as I have done most of this FMQ...!

Jenniky 11-29-2012 06:33 AM

Life and liberty and family and friends is what I'm thankful for and the Lord knows my heart, no offense taken FMhall; and yes Ladies I had a wonderful day of Thanks and yummy food with my family. I have been working on my Canadian Quilted Christmas Ornament. I think I have taken it apart and redone the different sections 3 or 4 times now. I have one side done; just need to get the other side right. I have been working on it in between other things. Hugs ladies you are all awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

QuiltE 11-29-2012 01:41 PM

Jenniky ... Seriously, it is you, that IS the awesome one! :) I thought maybe we'd lost you with all the turkey leftovers. Done and ready now for the next "big" day? If you've taken it apart so many times, it's just an omen that W4Me and myself, are being ourselves, and being obnoxiously difficult!! :D

Jenniky 11-29-2012 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5688022)
Jenniky ... Seriously, it is you, that IS the awesome one! :) I thought maybe we'd lost you with all the turkey leftovers. Done and ready now for the next "big" day? If you've taken it apart so many times, it's just an omen that W4Me and myself, are being ourselves, and being obnoxiously difficult!! :D

LOL QuiltE, tomorrow I have to cut some more two inch squares for it..I ran out of some of the colors. Trying not to over cut.. I guess I undercut the amount I needed. haha :D I have been so busy.. I wake up in the morning and before I know it... its time to go to bed.. and Im like.. but I didnt get as much done as I wanted to..so here I am up at midnight.. and really need to shut it all down and go to bed.

Muv, Is there a link on Youtube for the FMQ you posted?? I would love to see it. :)

Everyone have a great tomorrow...I will try to make sure to check in and see whats up. :)

Muv 11-30-2012 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Jenniky, Glad to hear you are well - and busy! It's the same here... suddenly it's midnight and way past my bedtime...

I think the Patriotic Challenge must be turning you Canadian. I can't wait to see what you are making with all those tiny squares. And it has to be finished by Christmas!

It's taking shape, ladies! Two more sandwiches to make (corner blocks), seven blocks with just the outline quilting done, and sixteen blocks fully quilted with all the FMQ infill.

Busy busy, and today I'm taking a trip to Gloucester to try not to spend too much money at Oakshott Fabrics' sale.

Jenniky, click on the links at the bottom and you can find my video on the Youtube channel page, or go to the blog and you will find it posted on 26th November. It's all good fun.

QuiltE 11-30-2012 05:55 AM

Muv ... OMG ... I missed that you had a sneak preview on youtube! You keep teasing us ... with pic above, youtube etc. And yes, it's working as you have me captivated with your border stripes! It's looking absolutely amazing. I'm sure The Queen will be quite pleased with her loyal subject's work! :)

Love the treadling background sounds in the video. Your voice-over description is wonderful and should be a great help for anyone doing treadle FMQ ... and lot of good help too, for we non-treadlers. However, I just can't imagine ... treadling, moving my hands with the fabric and at the same time talking and doing the voice over. You are indeed a lady of many talents! :)

Have a fund day at Oakshott ... I saw on another thread that there's a big sale. What's the next project that you'll be buying for?

Jenniky ... hope you got some sleep, and allowed yourself a wee sleep in!

And here I thought I was the only one who foolishly burns the midnight oil. The problem is, that I get that 2nd wind and then get on a roll .... and don't want to stop! :)

JeanieG 11-30-2012 12:19 PM

I'm a night person too. I always have been!

Jenniky 12-04-2012 04:42 PM

Hugs ladies..just checking in. :)